Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

Aston Villa for the past three years have not come to our place and won, they are usually sluggish at our place.

2-1 win

Harper

Raylor          Williamson          Collo        Enrique

Routledge      Guthrie            Nolan       Jonas

Carroll              Lovenkrands 

Subs: Smith, Ranger, Vuckic, Krul, Perch, Campbell, Tavernier, Xisco.

:lol:

Get real, Perch as much as he looked dedicated to the cause looked out of his depth. Not saying Raylor is any better but he offers something in attack. Perch in my opinion based on that performance yesterday is good enough against the bottom half of the premier league wingers/players.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd stick with Perch tbh

Don't think he did that bad considering the pressure our whole backline was under

Guest BooBoo

What sort of attendance is likely for this? I'll take a wild stab at 43000. No way are we going to sell out this year other for the derby.

I think we could win here  1-0 mark Young and Allbright  out of the game and you cut there main line attack off and with there play maker James Milner gone they aint got much in the middle ither :shifty:

Think it'll be a close one. As some said - they won't have Milner which is good for us. We should have Guthrie and Lovenkrands back which is good for us, too.

I'd go for a 2-1 win with them scoring early and we're coming back after Hughton put a second striker on and we play 4-4-2.

I'm viewing 14 - 16 games as being bonus games, games we really don't stand a chance in. Obviously Manure away was 1 or 2 on that list, I would say Villa home is at 15, the other games if your interested in my wacky theory are in: Home and away games with Chelsea, Manure, Man Shitty, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spuds, Everton and Villa.

At least after this one we'll have 2 of the 16 down already. But if Villa played anywhere near the level they played against West Ham, they'll murder us I'm afraid.

Guest andrew

I think we will go like

Harper

Perch Colo Will Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Barton Guti

Nolan

Carroll

That is if Nolan is fit. If not we might go 4-4-2 but if nolan is fit, I can see us playing 4-4-1-1 again. I think a lot of us are underrating Villa on here with the predictions

I think we will go like

Harper

Perch Colo Will Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Barton Guti

Nolan

Carroll

That is if Nolan is fit. If not we might go 4-4-2 but if nolan is fit, I can see us playing 4-4-1-1 again. I think a lot of us are underrating Villa on here with the predictions

Never going to happen.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I really hope we go with a 4-4-2 on Sunday, stick Loven up with Andy, put Guthrie next to Barton in midfield and try and get something out of this game

Guest johnson293

I got tickets for me and the bairn last week.

He's only been to one match do far, Blackpool last season, so hoping for another good game for him.

I'll go for a 3-1 win for us!

I got tickets for me and the bairn last week.

He's only been to one match do far, Blackpool last season, so hoping for another good game for him.

I'll go for a 3-1 win for us!

Nice one.

I'm travelling up from London for it as well, unusual for me to get a game in this early in the season. Usually an away game comes first as well, haven't been to the first home game for years.

Guest neesy111

2-1 win for Toon, email below from the box office on asking how many tickets we had sold.

Hello,

Approximately 40,000 have been sold so far.

Kind Regards

Box Office

40k hmmm, i think 5k will be added on to that