Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

I don't think you can argue Colo is comfortable on the ball. It's how uncomfortable he is when the other team have the ball that's the problem. I expect him to make a complete cock of himself again this season.

Sounds like you just have it in for him. His only weaknesses are physical.

Concentration isn't up to scratch, positioning is suspect and pressure gets to him.

Agree with all of that, but i'd say the latter point is a catalyst for the formers. Hopefully, with the club in a more stable position and another year under his belt - he'll have improved mentally. And with that, i think we'll see a much better centre-back this year. I've got a lot of faith in him, he proved last year he was absolutely streets above Championship level.

I don't think you can argue Colo is comfortable on the ball. It's how uncomfortable he is when the other team have the ball that's the problem. I expect him to make a complete cock of himself again this season.

Concentration isn't up to scratch, positioning is suspect and pressure gets to him.

Compared to your pal, Taylor, his concentration and positioning are top notch.

Compared to your pal, Taylor, his concentration and positioning are top notch.

He's as much as my pal as Beckford is Andy Cole.

Guest JamesyJazz

Utter Shite.

Get off the mans back and give him some deserved support and respect.

Utter s****.

Aye. :thup:

But in fairness to TT, he's jobless and drunk. We can't expect him to talk complete sense.

Guest malandro

Utter s****.

Colo did nearly gift Man United a goal on Monday when he hit sloppy back pass across the line without looking - that has to go down as a lack of concentration. His awareness and reaction for the second goal at OT was also less than impressive, and he also fouled one of their players in the box when he was caught flat footed. On another day he would have been personally responsible for us conceding another two goals.

A few of our players that looked good last season struggled in our relegation season. It will be interesting to see how they fair as this season progresses.

I like the fact Villa have brought through a couple of kids in this unstable time and they've excelled, its mental but its the most i've liked them in years; i just find (from the little i've seen) Albrighton exciting as fuk, wish he was ours and exicted to see him play tomorrow.

Albrighton had a fantastic pre-season the summer before last, but then didn't get used in the season. If MON was still here, we'd probably have wasted 10m on McGeady and Albrighton wouldn't get a look-in.

He's very promising, though.

dunno like, ';ve been railing against the avowed desire of many on here screaming for wingers and 4-4-2 for long enough (in fact my very first post on a message board was about back in the days of.nu.......................how the fuck do i remember these things ?)

1-2

Ashley Young will abuse Perch. Complete mismatch. :hmm:

Hopefully Young will play as a secondary striker and he'll abuse Smith instead.If I'm correct,and Brummie can testify this,but Young hasn't played left-midfield all pre-season.

dunno like, ';ve been railing against the avowed desire of many on here screaming for wingers and 4-4-2 for long enough (in fact my very first post on a message board was about back in the days of.nu.......................how the f*** do i remember these things ?)

You clicked on 'search'?

Anyway, wingers are essential. A second striker may not be, so long as the foremost attacking midfielder is Ben Arfa as opposed to Kevin Nolan.

Guest malandro

dunno like, ';ve been railing against the avowed desire of many on here screaming for wingers and 4-4-2 for long enough (in fact my very first post on a message board was about back in the days of.nu.......................how the f*** do i remember these things ?)

There’s nowt wrong with 442. Like any other formation it’s the suitability of the personnel and tactical approach that dictates how well it works. The problem with 442 is its unfashionable, perceived as old fashioned when it can be as flexible and effective as any formation found on FM.

Guest malandro

You clicked on 'search'?

Anyway, wingers are essential. A second striker may not be, so long as the foremost attacking midfielder is Ben Arfa as opposed to Kevin Nolan.

They are if your only striker is very strong in the air but not so quick with his feet.

You clicked on 'search'?

clicked on search ? ....what are you on about ?. .nu was a board three or so versions before this one.

edit. oh wingers arent essential,creating space through width is (unless you are describing pires and ljungberg as "wingers" ?)

You clicked on 'search'?

clicked on search ? ....what are you on about ?. .nu was a board three or so versions before this one.

edit. oh wingers arent essential,creating space through width is (unless you are describing pires and ljungberg as "wingers" ?)

I think with so much reliance on Carroll, (who's primarily an aerial threat) we need two fairly conventional wingers in the side.