Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

SSN saying no Gabby for Villa. Was wondering where that strong breeze came from earlier, clearly a sigh of relief from Colo.  :colo:

Eh? Let's be honest, anything we get from this game is a bonus. I'd say the same about any of last seasons top eight.

We're fucked if that's our attitude to home games. After going unbeaten at home for an entire season, I think we should be looking to beat the likes of Villa at home. They're no great shakes. I mean we're shit, obviously, but when newly promoted teams stay up, it's usually home form that'll do it, and not just against the other dross.

Eh? Let's be honest, anything we get from this game is a bonus. I'd say the same about any of last seasons top eight.

We're f***ed if that's our attitude to home games. After going unbeaten at home for an entire season, I think we should be looking to beat the likes of Villa at home. They're no great shakes. I mean we're s***, obviously, but when newly promoted teams stay up, it's usually home form that'll do it, and not just against the other dross.

:thup:

Guest thenorthumbrian

What worries me about this game and all the others to follow, is that lack of pace (with one or two exceptions) in the United squad.

And Villa have young players with pace who could really turn our defence and by-pass our midfield.

SSN saying no Gabby for Villa. Was wondering where that strong breeze came from earlier, clearly a sigh of relief from Colo.  :colo:

Sounds like Ashley Young will be playing off Carew. There'll still be players sprinting past Colo.

Colo just needs to sit a yard back. What he got all wrong on several occassions last time was charging out far too early. He'll have learnt how to deal with the pace of this league now.

He'll be fine. :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Colo just needs to sit a yard back. What he got all wrong on several occassions last time was charging out far too early. He'll have learnt how to deal with the pace of this league now.

He'll be fine. :thup:

We hope. He was still doing that last season in the Championship, but got away with it. I'm not saying this because its the 'cool' thing to do this month, just like with any player he has his good and bad days, but his underlying faults haven't gone away - which is the issue.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Off to toon now.

2-1 win

Carroll header

Routledge shot

Sounds like one play, where Routledge had a shot, but it was so poor it was a cross for Carroll to score!  :clap2: