Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

On Tioté

"I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem," said Pardew.

Why go out with this in the media? So resigned that he might as well prepare the fans?

New owner - now.

Benwell Lad won't agree. This manager reeks of resignation (and not in the handing your notice sense of the word).

No need to speak for me really, although I know you enjoy being a fans "spokesman"

I don't know what the full context of the interview was (I realise that doesn't matter so some) but on what is printed perhaps Pardew has been a bit too open and possibly naive.

But trust me, in professional football any manager would prefer bids not coming in for his best players and will "have a problem" when it happens. It upsets players and means dealing with agents and media etc when they'd probably rather be doing something else.

However, it happens and it has to be dealt with.

At worst Pardew has made a statement of the bloody obvious.

You forgot?

Actually, I haven't seen them before. Others, who actually thinks he will stay on the other hand.

....on the other hand, what?

I'm getting pretty sick of this to be honest. I can't see that anyone 'thinks he will stay on' for certain, that would be as stupid as the likes of you and Colocho running around in circles shouting that he has already gone.

It's idiotic to second guess what will happen, if the player wants to go, he'll go, if we get an absurd offer for him, he'll go, but until that happens under Ashley or anyone else, stop with the doom mongering and enjoy watching a team who are the most likable, exciting, and watchable team we have had for a fair few years.

At worst Pardew has made a statement of the bloody obvious.

Indeed.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Couldn't agree more.

Pointless doom mongering for the sake of it is ridiculous. Just enjoy tiote (and others) while we have him instead of worrying about what might/might not happen in your little world of perhaps and probably

I must say that I just logged onto Skysports and Cheick has said that scoring his goal was the greatest moment of his career. I actually think he may like us.

Damn you Andy Carroll making us geordies think that all our players just want money.

Tiote did an interview in the Independent before the Arsenal game, and he said this is a fantastic club. He's clearly happy here but there are going to be clubs chasing his signature this summer. I'd only be really worried if one of them was Chelsea because they will pay whatever it takes.

I must say that I just logged onto Skysports and Cheick has said that scoring his goal was the greatest moment of his career. I actually think he may like us.

Damn you Andy Carroll making us geordies think that all our players just want money.

Tiote did an interview in the Independent before the Arsenal game, and he said this is a fantastic club. He's clearly happy here but there are going to be clubs chasing his signature this summer. I'd only be really worried if one of them was Chelsea because they will pay whatever it takes.

And they've got Drogba, who could be a big factor.

That could be our Achilles heel , he will certainly chat to other Ivorian players.

However maybe on the back of his reference we should table a bid for Drogba :-)

We'll just have to buy Drogba then  :snod:

That could be our Achilles heel , he will certainly chat to other Ivorian players.

Gervinho or Doumbia would be good Ivorian signings.

Maybe buying players from the Ivory Coast and Africa in general should be our plan. I mean if Tiote is anything to go by, then we should be looking over there.

Gervinho or Doumbia would be good Ivorian signings.

The Doumbia that is supposedly 23 years old?!