Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

It was clearly tounge in cheek for fuck sake :lol:

EDIT: I do see this a game though where Tiote will be needed less than against a side playing 2/3 robust midfielders able to dominate a game. Although Whelan is a decent player, the last thing we have to wory about with Stoke is there central midfield imo.

Anyone see how bad it looked on Saturday?  I'd totally forgot he went down TBH,  remember him being helped to his feet (by S.Taylor I think), he hobbled a bit, before appearing to run it off, didn't even get treatment did he?

Would suggest it isn't too bad as he played on with it.  Hopefully just a knock or a slight sprain.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc I'm told from a reliable source that Cheick Tiote's injury is not a serious one and the player still keen to play at Stoke

I'm sure he's been fairly accurate lately with his 'sources' for injuries and that I mean.  He got it right with Demba Ba and Cabaye.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Remember when Smith and Butt played in the middle away at Stoke in the Cup a few years ago.

One of the most appaling central midfield performances from a team I've ever seen.

We played them a fair few times in the Championship. Leicester away springs to mind.

Remember when Smith and Butt played in the middle away at Stoke in the Cup a few years ago.

One of the most appaling central midfield performances from a team I've ever seen.

Was that Sam's last game?

And fir anyone with a clearer mind, the 4-1 in the replay (?), would that be the only time we've beaten Stoke since they came into he premiership?

I hate playing them like.

Was that Sam's last game?

And the 4-1 in the replay (?), would that be the only time we've beaten Stoke since they came into he premiership?

I hate playing them like.

They were still in the Championship at the time weren't they??

Apparantly Abeid will play instead and is being groomed to replace Tiote when its the ACN.

I read the other day somewhere Abeid was seen as an option and Pards was really impressed with him, might have been in the Sunday Sun?  Was hoping he, Gosling or Guthrie played tomorrow instead of Tiote anyway, just hope the injury isn't serious.