madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

f***ing hell jonny

Change the record

:hom:

Plug the dummy back in jonny, and pick your toys up while your at it

:lol: :lol: Aren't you a funny f***er.

Yep!

No chance Ferguson would sign a player as technically limited at Tiote. Especially for what he'd cost.

Michael Carrick was near £18m and he is far more 'technically limited' than Tiote.

You can't be serious.

Fergie has had his share of midfield destroyers in the past (Ince and of course a certain Mr Butt), but in the recent half decade he's gone for players who can spread the play first and foremost, with tackling ability/engine being a secondary consideration. So if Fergie did want any of our midfielders, it'd probably be Cabaye.

Can imagine the likes of Chelsea ("Makelele role") and Milan (Desailly "heir") being interesting in Tiote though.

Just wondering if you completely forgot Keane or are you saying Ince/Butt were a different type of player?

I'd class Keane in a seperate category as he was an excellent footballer on top of being a great DM so doesn't really fit into the point being made. Also the "past half decade" comment was referring to Fergie's post-Keane midfield.

Yep. Prime Keane really drove the team forward in a manner than Tiote simply can't.

Just wondering... what price for Tiote would be too good to pass up?

£25m was quoted earlier. Could the club reasonably expect to replace him and other quality players for that amount?

I wasn't that disappointed when the club sold Carroll because of  1) the ridiculous amount of money Liverpool paid for him 2) the naive belief that club would reinvest that money (the bulk of it) in buying more players.

No chance Ferguson would sign a player as technically limited at Tiote. Especially for what he'd cost.

Michael Carrick was near £18m and he is far more 'technically limited' than Tiote.

You can't be serious.

Agreed Carrick was not a limited techinal player, great techinque in my opinion with his vision and passing. Two different types of player n my opinion too though.

Michael Carrick reminds me more of a Cabaye type of player than a tiote type of player?...¿

Very much so .. hes the perfect midfielder for a side that dont have good ball playing centre halves. Id say hes less box to box than Cabaye, you dont see him closing down as much higher up the pitch + he carries alot less of a threat on the opposition goal.

He has his worst games for us when we're against weaker teams and are expected to take the game to them. Loses the ball arsing about in midfield when in his role he should be looking to mostly play it quick and simple. He's at his best when the other side has the ball, at which point he's an absolute beast.

For Man U that would be a real problem as they're the stronger team in 90% of their games, he'd be wasted there tbh.

If he can develop that part of his game then he could be a target for a team like Man U, but he's not quite there yet IMO.

Good post, he was shite against Blackburn and Wigan at home last year, games we should have been winning and dominating possession.  Yet he looked unstoppable against Arsenal away and Man U at home. 

This season, he looked quality against Spurs, one of his best performances in a black and white shirt, yet he was pretty ordinary against Wigan.  Think you're right and it's more than just a coincidence. 

The bit in bold tickled me, good description TBH  :lol: :lol:

He has his worst games for us when we're against weaker teams and are expected to take the game to them. Loses the ball arsing about in midfield when in his role he should be looking to mostly play it quick and simple. He's at his best when the other side has the ball, at which point he's an absolute beast.

For Man U that would be a real problem as they're the stronger team in 90% of their games, he'd be wasted there tbh.

If he can develop that part of his game then he could be a target for a team like Man U, but he's not quite there yet IMO.

Good post, he was s**** against Blackburn and Wigan at home last year, games we should have been winning and dominating possession.  Yet he looked unstoppable against Arsenal away and Man U at home. 

This season, he looked quality against Spurs, one of his best performances in a black and white shirt, yet he was pretty ordinary against Wigan.  Think you're right and it's more than just a coincidence. 

The bit in bold tickled me, good description TBH  :lol: :lol:

Wasn't Tiote immense against Blackburn this year? And Wigan last year away from home? And wasn't one of his best performances against Everton away, a game that we dominated the majority of (thanks to him)? And what about Villa, a game we again had the majority of possession? I also remember him playing very well against Birmingham away too.