Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Mascherano pisses me off. Was cringeworthy watching the difference in him alongside Lucas compared to when he was alongside Alonso.

Better as a CB imo.

There's no way he's better as a CB, doesn't win enough headers and his positioning isn't that great. Perfect player to play if you want someone to just sit infront of your CBs and win the ball and play it to whoever. Defensively he's great in that area as he can win tackles and cover a lot of ground without having to really mark a specific player or so.

And anyone next to Lucas will look shit except when he has his 1 in 50 good game. Masch with Alonso was a perfect match in a way as Masch won the ball and Alonso distributed it. A bit like Tiote and Cabaye, except Tiote looking to get forward a bit more than Masch has ever done.

Technically limited? Go on then, tell me what you mean by that?

Personally, for his role I think he's very a technical player. His first touch is often that of 2 touches for a lot of players in that he takes the ball under control and moves in to space with it in.

He's also one of few players that can make space for himself without actually touching the ball and just changing his body position, which is a technique in itself.

Also, for the most part his passing range is very short (but accurate), but whenever I've seen him try long passes I've seen more than enough to suggest he's got them in him.

I think you could argue that he's clumsy in challenges and a bit rash, as well as not offering a lot going forward, but technically limited is one of the last things I would say about him.

No chance Ferguson would sign a player as technically limited at Tiote. Especially for what he'd cost.

Do you know that your'e stupid?

My only problem with this fucking beast is that he sometimes does that dribble in the middle of the park many times a game and does get caught in possession once or twice. Otherwise I think he has improved from last season, he might not be as visible since Cabaye helps with a lot of the work he had to do by himself last season with fatNolan.

Loving the fact that he does look more of a threat going forward, with already two assists from good crosses and couple of shots which have been close to goals. Love this beast, also he doesn't need to take as many unnecessary yellow cards with Cabaye there tracking back. And he must also feel more secure with our defenders playing well to let them escape sometimes leaving the responsibility to defenders instead of breaking up plays.

No chance Ferguson would sign a player as technically limited at Tiote. Especially for what he'd cost.

Nice try. For all his many strong points he's a technically limited player. Ferguson has never bought such a player, and it's unlikely he'll change that stance after 20 years of success.

Nice try. For all his many strong points he's a technically limited player. Ferguson has never bought such a player, and it's unlikely he'll change that stance after 20 years of success.

http://www.posters.ws/images/416494/man_utd_djemba_djemba.jpg