Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I'll be more surprised if there isn't a big name departure in January. The club is performing better than expected and Ashley has a history of complacency and flirting with danger by leaving the squad weak. I still believe his ultimate aim is survival in the Premier League and making a profit by player sales through smart acquisitions. You look at signings like Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux and you can see they were done with one eye on resale value, hopefully at a profit.

I hope I'm wrong but Ashley drops these bombshells from time to time whenever there is a bit of stability at the club. The time to judge will be February 1st but even our manager is saying he's worried by the window and that says it all.

Can't see him going... I see all the talk down south is Rodwell to Chelsea... Cleverly back for selection in 2 weeks and Jones midfield emergence... Fingers crossed...

just can't see him as a ferguson type signing. could see him at chelsea though.

Essien, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Romeu, Meireles, McEachran and they still want/need Tiote? Not sure like.

none of them do what the tiote of last season does (thats not doing them down, just differing styles and talents)

Essien, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Romeu, Meireles, McEachran and they still want/need Tiote? Not sure like.

none of them do what the tiote of last season does (thats not doing them down, just differing styles and talents)

Romeu's in that mould though.

Also Chelsea still need someone in there to dictate play for them.

He's as good as gone tbh.

I can't describe my anger at posts like this.

Once bitten, twice shy mate. Completely understandable, if a little negative. 

We've lost a key player in the last two windows. Will be a miracle if we don't lose another in January.

Who are these key players? I don't see a gaping hole on the pitch? ???

I understand that Colocho grasps the concept of local media and their relationship with the football clubs they report on. What I don't quite understand is how that relates to him (supposedly) knowing the % with which we look to reach when selling players.

I don't want to say where I got this information from, but it's from someone I trust.

This 300% ROI target hasn't worked very well has it? Apart from Carroll I'm not sure I can think of any player we've sold that has even come close to hitting that sort of return. In fact with our most recent departure, we let a player who cost £5 million go for nothing.

It is a targeted ROI on any player that we sign, as of summer 2011.

The 'direct line' between Oliver and Shepherd (that Ryder told me personally about) now exists between the communications (PR) team at the club and Douglas/Ryder. Ryder's own views are limited to his blog and webchats. NCJ cannot afford to bite the hand that feeds - and instead works as a sounding board for the club's agenda. As you may have already guessed, every press statement (including Llambias') from the club is written by Wendy Taylor and co. approved at boardroom level, and distributed to the press.

:hom:

I've questioned Ryder's journalism on the phone to him and via Twitter. I did manage to get some interesting information (such as what I've already mentioned), but unfortunately he stopped taking my phone calls and blocked me on Twitter. The 'direct line' was from his mouth, he wasn't too pleased when I suggested that it still existed...

I personally think you're f***ing micey.

Thanks.

I understand that Colocho grasps the concept of local media and their relationship with the football clubs they report on. What I don't quite understand is how that relates to him (supposedly) knowing the % with which we look to reach when selling players.

I don't want to say where I got this information from, but it's from someone I trust.

This 300% ROI target hasn't worked very well has it? Apart from Carroll I'm not sure I can think of any player we've sold that has even come close to hitting that sort of return. In fact with our most recent departure, we let a player who cost £5 million go for nothing.

It is a targeted ROI on any player that we sign, as of summer 2011.

The 'direct line' between Oliver and Shepherd (that Ryder told me personally about) now exists between the communications (PR) team at the club and Douglas/Ryder. Ryder's own views are limited to his blog and webchats. NCJ cannot afford to bite the hand that feeds - and instead works as a sounding board for the club's agenda. As you may have already guessed, every press statement (including Llambias') from the club is written by Wendy Taylor and co. approved at boardroom level, and distributed to the press.

:hom:

I've questioned Ryder's journalism on the phone to him and via Twitter. I did manage to get some interesting information (such as what I've already mentioned), but unfortunately he stopped taking my phone calls and blocked me on Twitter. The 'direct line' was from his mouth, he wasn't too pleased when I suggested that it still existed...

I personally think you're f***ing micey.

Thanks.

so tiote can go for 12mill and ba can go for free ?

I don't know how the supposed '300% profit' rule affects 'free' transfers. What I do know is that when the club sign new players, they are signed with a targeted ROI of 300% (in terms of what they are signed for). I don't know if this includes wages, signing on fees etc.

So basically our policy is to look to bring in players who are worth a lot more than we pay for them. And if another club wants one of our prized players they will have to pay a price that gives the targeted return. That's not all bad and better than some policies we have had in the past.

So basically our policy is to look to bring in players who are worth a lot more than we pay for them. And if another club wants one of our prized players they will have to pay a price that gives the targeted return. That's not all bad and better than some policies we have had in the past.

Absolutely, it's a business model built on common sense.

I hope we never over pay for a player again, even if it means missing out on targets, and I hope we never over pay a player again (relative) even if it means we have to sell him.

It may be a business model and a good one BUT this is football and at times the player can be more important than a 300% profit margin. When it comes to players such as Tiote, Colo, Krul or Demba then a good profit should not matter, there is good reason to invest money in players we need rather than sell a prized assets to fund them.

If progression as a club is not the aim then why own us? surely the point is to be successful to win trophies and get into Europe not just making money on players. I cam'y see how selling Tiote is good for in anyway, even if it was for £50m how much of that would go on new players?

IF we are so financially stable then we do we need to sell, its not as though we need the money yes we need to make a few signings but why can't Ashley fund that seriously why not?

INVEST and give us the very best chance of a top 6 finish.