Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He was outstanding today. Cannot believe some people think that we would be able to replace him relatively easily. Even on one of his worst days the protection that he provides the back four, even just by physically running into people, is invaluable. Swansea at home is a good example - he was far from at his best, but we still kept a clean shit. Would still rather have Cattermole of course.

A true scary monster today, love watching him fight with all he has to win the ball back. He was much more disciplined in the passing today, kept it short and kept it moving.

Always a bit worried about the remainder of a game when he's on a yellow mind.

Ashley needs to move mountains to keep him.

He's already tied him to down to a contract that lasts another 5 years, not much more he can do apart from turn down offers that aren't daft, which I think he'll probably do tbh.

He was outstanding today. Cannot believe some people think that we would be able to replace him relatively easily. Even on one of his worst days the protection that he provides the back four, even just by physically running into people, is invaluable. Swansea at home is a good example - he was far from at his best, but we still kept a clean shit. Would still rather have Cattermole of course.

that's a canny typo like

To me, hes the absolute rock in our midfield and there isn't a value you could put on him when you plays the way he did yesterday. He's just an absolute monster in our midfield and was a joy to watch him boss the entire Liverpool midfield yesterday

I'd like to think that if, God forbid, Sunderland ever experienced similar levels of superiority in their team over ours then we would be able to gracefully recognise it. Rather than desperately trying to claim someone like Lee fucking Cattermole is better than the beast that is Cheick Tiote! :lol:

Interesting tale from a mate at work.  His mate was at a dinner/talk in or something with Pardew on Thursday and apparently anytime Tiote has an injury, before he classes himself as match-fit the club have to fly in Tiote's witch doctor to give him the all clear. 

This week, for some reason they couldn't get the Witch doctor over to him so Tiote was going to have to fly back to Africa to see him.  Mike Ashley put on a private jet and Tiote was all ready for going but he gets a text on his phone (as he's about to board) from said Witch Doctor, turns to Pardew and say's "It's ok gaffer, I'm fit to play."

Not sure how true it is as it's mental but highly plausible given how superstitious/religious some people are.

that's a canny typo like

:lol: Just re-read it. No idea how that came about.

Interesting tale from a mate at work.  His mate was at a dinner/talk in or something with Pardew on Thursday and apparently anytime Tiote has an injury, before he classes himself as match-fit the club have to fly in Tiote's witch doctor to give him the all clear. 

This week, for some reason they couldn't get the Witch doctor over to him so Tiote was going to have to fly back to Africa to see him.  Mike Ashley put on a private jet and Tiote was all ready for going but he gets a text on his phone (as he's about to board) from said Witch Doctor, turns to Pardew and say's "It's ok gaffer, I'm fit to play."

Not sure how true it is as it's mental but highly plausible given how superstitious/religious some people are.

Lads I sit with told me the same story yesterday.

The whole story is amazing, but am I the only one who found it even better that the witch doctor texts?

Sure this was written for him,,,, longest footy song ever ?

:D

In all our lives

And the hereafter

We've never seen

Seen one like you

You're a knife

Sharp and deadly

And it's them

That you cut into

So we mind

In fact we  like it

As they are terrified

We're turned on but scared of you

[Chorus:]

He's a monster

Beautiful monster

Beautiful monster

But we don't mind

And we need him

Said we need him

Beautiful monster

But we don't mind

No we don't mind (I don't mind I don't I don't mind...)

In his eyes

There's love and fire

In our hearts

he's burning through

But we don't mind

In fact we like it

Though we're terrified

we're turned on but scared of you

[Chorus:]

he's a monster (he's a monster)

Beautiful monster (beautiful monster)

Beautiful monster (beautiful monster yeah)

But we don't mind (we don't mind)

And we need him (and we need him)

Said we need him (said we need him)

Beautiful monster (whooah)

But we don't mind (we don't mind we don't we don't mind)

No we don't mind

Playing with our hears

And he's playing with our minds

And we don't mind we don't we don't mind

No we don't mind we don't we don't mind

(we don't mind we don't we don't mind) And we don't mind

(we don't mind we don't we don't mind) Said we don't mind

(we don't mind we don't we don't mind) And we don't mind

(we don't mind we don't we don't mind) Beautiful monster

he's a monster (he's a monster)