Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Paxton

That Messi is alright, but I think Connor Wickham would be better suited to Barca's style.

Well worth the 8 million pounds in my opinion. 18 years of age and is only going to get better. In the very few times he's played this season, he's looked comfortable and very composed on the ball for such as young lad.

I know people are allowed an opinion but yours is just wrong, how many goals has cattermole evan scored this season from midfield?

Yet to open his tally in a Sunderland shirt.

But then again he isn't a goalscoring midfielder.

Either is Tiote but I am sure he scored some sort of goal, maybe on his weaker foot, could have been a volley from 25+ yards, probably didn't mean anything in the end though.

Seriously though, 'Catts' is a fucking clogger.

Guest Paxton

I know people are allowed an opinion but yours is just wrong, how many goals has cattermole evan scored this season from midfield?

Either is Tiote but I am sure he scored some sort of goal, maybe on his weaker foot, could have been a volley from 25+ yards, probably didn't mean anything in the end though.

Seriously though, 'Catts' is a f***ing clogger.

A good goal, but Craig Gardner scores some fucking  beauties from midfield, and he's shite.

That Messi is alright, but I think Connor Wickham would be better suited to Barca's style.

Well worth the 8 million pounds in my opinion. 18 years of age and is only going to get better. In the very few times he's played this season, he's looked comfortable and very composed on the ball for such as young lad.

Aye and tbf it's nigh on impossible to find a ready made goalscorer for around £8m these days. :bluestar:

Guest Paxton

Some ginger kid plays a couple of games and Paxton gets a stiffy. Jog on.

Been a regular starter for the last year and a half.

Seriously though, 'Catts' is a f***ing clogger.

A good goal, but Craig Gardner scores some fucking  beauties from midfield, and he's shite.

Tiote isn't a goalscoring midfielder, agree on Gardner though. Thought he might be a decent signing, tbh I was tinging on green but he's definitely shite.

Colback looks like a good, young prospect, tbf - but to compare him to Tiote is absurd. Yet probably less absurd than comparing Cattermole who has no discernible footballing talent beyond leaving a foot in and being a dickhead.

Guest Paxton

Aye and tbf it's nigh on impossible to find a ready made goalscorer for around £8m these days. :bluestar:

Never heard the saying 'One for the future'?

Future, past (9-1 FTM LOL!!!111) isn't it time you lot lived for now?

Might just be me, but I'd rather a player who can bang them in for fun right now than a player who has nothing more than a possibility of making it at some point in the future. Like I said, might just be me. :dontknow:

Feel free to pull this thread when Cattermole gets his call up.

Not sure how that will prove anything tbh, pretty sure Tiote can't be called up for England, probably because he already plays for his national team like Cabaye, Santon, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cisse, Krul, Jonas etc...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Colback's quite a decent prospect but he's very different from Tiote. Sits deep and passes well, keeps things ticking. At least in my viewings of them. I don't think he does his job anywhere near as effectively as Tiote though. :)

Guest Paxton

Yes, my club is in the best position it's been since the 1950's. Strong squad, financial backing, well known sponsors, world class manager and slowly gaining a reputation internationally.

I firmly believe that Sunderland is living the life right now, it's known as "Niall Quinn's magic carpet ride"

Yes, my club is in the best position it's been since the 1950's. Strong squad, financial backing, well known sponsors, world class manager and slowly gaining a reputation internationally.

I firmly believe that Sunderland is living the life right now, it's known as "Niall Quinn's magic carpet ride"

Ok definitely taking the piss :lol:

I thought the mags were supposed to be doing this on RTG?

Guest pont-toon

Colback looks like a good, young prospect, tbf - but to compare him to Tiote is absurd. Yet probably less absurd than comparing Cattermole who has no discernible footballing talent beyond leaving a foot in and being a dickhead.

Quite....hence the likes of Chelsea being linked with bidding around 20 to 25 million for Tiote. Cant quite see the same for Cattermole and Colback......

Quite....hence the likes of Chelsea being linked with bidding around 20 to 25 million for Tiote. Cant quite see the same for Cattermole and Colback......

Don't rule out Liverpool. They like to pay ridiculous fees for shit players.

Fair play, that made me laugh. :lol:

Guest Paxton

Ok definitely taking the p*ss :lol:

We've had a shite 50 years, apart from the 73' cup win. Mainly relegation promotion relegation promotion. (And Division 3)  :embarrassed:

This is the best position we've been in for a long time, wouldn't you agree?

Ok definitely taking the p*ss :lol:

We've had a shite 50 years, apart from the 73' cup win. Mainly relegation promotion relegation promotion. (And Division 3)  :embarrassed:

This is the best position we've been in for a long time, wouldn't you agree?

Is this any better than the promising spell under Reid? If so, why? Genuine questions.