Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Tron- I think it's perfectly fair to apportion "some" blame on our senior players who consistently put in poor performances. Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote have been, by and large, garbage this season and deserve their arses kicking for it. Those three are pivotal to our team and have shown they can do it in the past but their collective form is not acceptable.

Don't get me wrong I do hold AP culpable as the manager but there's not a single thing wrong saying some of his players are letting him down game after game.

Going by what you say, people would think all of our players are shit and being managed by a top manager.

I don't think Diame would have took the piss and walked through the middle of the pitch if Tiote was playing today. 

I think people massively underestimate his contribution.  Even when he's having a bad game, he presses, looks for the ball, tries to actually pass and covers a lot of ground.  He can be a liability, but he's a bully and we miss him when he's not playing.  Especially when we persist with this horrible formation.

We bypassed the midfield a lot today, but at the same time, they were non existent for large spells.  Too powder puff and lightweight.

Twaddle.

We've got some good players, some of whom- Colo, Taylor, HBA, Santon and Krul who have done their bit this season. The trio I've named have not and I'm fed up of people excusing half hearted performances by them with "oh it's Pardews fault."

If that's the case then surely it was Pardew who should take the bulk of the credit for Cisse's amazing form last year, as opposed to the player himself.

I have no problem with Pardew taking some credit for Cisse's form last season but he has not played the system that Cisse thrived in once this season - of course he has to take the responsibility for that.

We won six games on the spin then he bins it forever - if it was any other manager than Pardew you'd say that was bizarre and unacceptable.

Twaddle.

We've got some good players, some of whom- Colo, Taylor, HBA, Santon and Krul who have done their bit this season. The trio I've named have not and I'm fed up of people excusing half hearted performances by them with "oh it's Pardews fault."

If that's the case then surely it was Pardew who should take the bulk of the credit for Cisse's amazing form last year, as opposed to the player himself.

Cisse and Pardew should both take credit for his performances last season because we played to his strengths and he played out of his skin.  He was never going to perform like that all of the time but this season has seen his position in the team change beyond recognition and that isn't down to Cisse.  Cisse's had some poor luck but this season isn't anything like the team that played for most of the 2nd half of last season.  The worst thing is, most of the players are the same yet we're miles away from where we were when Cisse first arrived.

The three players you mention are suffering because of the way that we are playing, you could say they should be able to adapt but the whole team are suffering except for Ba and Santon.

Guest bimpy474

I do like Cheick, but I'd sell him if a good offer comes in. The midfield needs a complete transformation.

Problem for me with him is, he is expected to create as well as win it. If Pardew would just play three in there we would see Cheick at his best. Winning it and giving to Cabaye and ............ .

I know he is a better passer than he showed today but his game isn't creating, its destroying and turning over possession.

I do like Cheick, but I'd sell him if a good offer comes in. The midfield needs a complete transformation.

Problem for me with him is, he is expected to create as well as win it. If Pardew would just play three in there we would see Cheick at his best. Winning it and giving to Cabaye and ............ .

I know he is a better passer than he showed today but his game isn't creating, its destroying and turning over possession.

I'll fill in the blank for you...Anita. The answer's always been Anita. Let the men play in the center of the park ffs.

Tiote --> Anita --> Cabaye

Guest bimpy474

I'll fill in the blank for you...Anita. The answer's always been Anita. Let the men play in the center of the park ffs.

Tiote --> Anita --> Cabaye

Mmmmm yes.

Guest bimpy474

He's worth about £12 million and that money could restructute the side. A complete no brainer.

Quite but wont happen, we would buy someone for peanuts and buy a £10m fire engine to go with our borehole.

Guest bimpy474

He's worth about £12 million and that money could restructute the side. A complete no brainer.

How much are we left with once we've replaced Tiote?

£11.75M.