Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If we sold him in January, and got say, Sissoko & Debuchy with the cash, would people take it?

If Sissoko's definitely decent, then aye.

Tiote was improved tonight but still just looked like a bull in a china shop, compared to the much more assured Anita and Marveaux. Still looked one twist or turn away from giving Wigan a counter-attack.

If we sold him in January, and got say, Sissoko & Debuchy with the cash, would people take it?

Wouldn't get either for how much his value must have fallen this year and even if we got the magic £20 million I wouldn't bet on either of these, or indeed anyone coming in during the next transfer window.  Would just be misrepresented as agent and signing on fees and wages for existing players for the next two windows.

despite his 'sillyness' when he's passing and trying to turn his way out of trouble, when he was off in the second half it's ridiculous how easy it is for the opposition to cut us open with a ball from the centre of the field, really miss his energy imo.

Yes I would. Replace Debuchy with a good CB and I also would.

Give the lad a chance ffs.  We haven't even signed him and you're already calling for him to be replaced.

Guest firetotheworks

He stuck more to what he does well last night, just sitting in front of the back four and breaking things up. He looked better, even with his customary daft tackle and some suspect passing when in the final third.

I don't know why people are all of a sudden calling for Tiotes head, I thought he played well last night before being subbed. He made some decent passes, and was confident enough to play the ball out of bad situations. He also seem level headed (other then the early tackle), the only thing I can criticize is his long shots, and even they were better then usual.

He completed 27 of 29 passes in the first half I think I read at halftime. He obviously needs to do some stuff better and just try to sit infront of the back four and play it simple to the fullbacks or Anita when he comes down to pick up the ball.

Tiote is still a vital part of this team, and I think if he can get a run of games going until January we will see him in much better shape for the remainder of the season.

I honestly thought he was poor :undecided:.  Sounds like I need to watch the 1st half again.

I have a tendency to see a couple good things and decide the player was good the whole game, so I may be wrong, but I remember him bossing a few of the Wigan boys at least a few times with some sensible passing in between.

He completed 27 of 29 passes in the first half I think I read at halftime. He obviously needs to do some stuff better and just try to sit infront of the back four and play it simple to the fullbacks or Anita when he comes down to pick up the ball.

Tiote is still a vital part of this team, and I think if he can get a run of games going until January we will see him in much better shape for the remainder of the season.

Pards has obviously gotten through to him to cut out some of the over-aggressive tackling that gets him booked automatically. He's also slowly learning to pass it short and release quicker. His little spin-move that was so successful in his first season seems to be getting him into trouble at times. But he's doing it less than he was earlier in the season. He's passing simpler, which is great. Just needs to cut out the amount of times hes shooting, which I'm sure will come next.

He played well in that first half, much more composed and control of himself. He's so vital to our team it's ridiculous.

Now if only he could just pass the ball at goal vs. blasting it :lol: