Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Will wait to i see the highlights of the penalty on MOTD but diving in to give away the penalty spoilt what up till then had been a very good performance by him. 

MOTD won't change your opinion, it was a definite penalty. Idiotic challenge from Tiote (and aye, he was good up until that rush of blood to the head).

Will wait to i see the highlights of the penalty on MOTD but diving in to give away the penalty spoilt what up till then had been a very good performance by him. 

MOTD won't change your opinion. Idiotic challenge from Tiote (and aye, he was good up until that rush of blood to the head).

probably but don't want to comment until i see it properly. 

You'll just get more annoyed when you see it, utterly ridiculous challenge. That was my reaction anyway :lol:

Good to see people have figured him out. I do like him and appreciate that there's a time and place for him, but he simply isn't a good footballer and starting him and Jonas against a team like Stoke at home is asking to piss points away.

Guest neesy111

MOTD won't change your opinion. Idiotic challenge from Tiote (and aye, he was good up until that rush of blood to the head).

probably but don't want to comment until i see it properly.

It's the definition of a penalty.

Guest neesy111

Good to see people have figured him out. I do like him and appreciate that there's a time and place for him, but he simply isn't a good footballer and starting him and Jonas against a team like Stoke at home is asking to piss points away.

Absolutely spot on.

I really wouldn't play him in the derby. Would be suicide.

He will be fighting two battles there, his brain and his reputation. As we saw in the last derby the ref blatantly thought "derby, quite an aggressive player, yeah that's a red". He will play but I will be shitting it every time he is near the ball.

He will be fighting two battles there, his brain and his reputation. As we saw in the last derby the ref blatantly thought "derby, quite an aggressive player, yeah that's a red". He will play but I will be shitting it every time he is near the ball.

He'll be targetted too. Every tackle or little touch their lot will be rolling around and making the most of it like last time.

Yep.

Hope Anita will have taken over by then, can see Pardew being furious with him today, not sure Tiote'll definitely start

Idiotic challenge. You can see he was busting a gut to get back, rush of blood, lunges in.

But he was playing well before that no doubt. Most of his passes where forwards. He made 58 passes from 63 attempts, the best in our midfield. Some very good passes too, one to Sissokho springs to mind.

His passing was actually much better than Siss' but it's too late for Tiote. The N-O has decided that he can't pass and he must be dropped for Anita.

Absolute s**** as usual dropout.

Don't see much wrong there. He played really well and kept it simple until the stupid tackle. Then you see things like this:

It wasn't just the stupid tackle - he got skinned on halfway by committing himself like a muppet in the lead up to it as well.

He's offering nothing at all at the minute. I'm much happier with Anita in the team.

What s***?

He kept the ball ticking over, he had teh highest pass completion in our midfield and made the most passes, despite only playing 60 mins. Including a couple really good forward passes that where chances.

People still moaning about his passing, he was 58 out of 63 ffs.

Agree he was good before completely, which is what is frustrating, just losing faith in his ability to keep the stupid side out of his game.