Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Nah, he's still absolutely s*** imo and him starting says it all about us atm.

What did he do wrong today like?

Pathetic how due to people's agendas they won't give somebody credit.

I don't have an agenda man. :lol: Jesus!

I just think he's shit and today, although wasn't as bad, still showed the fundamental things that are so shit about him and that were still there.

Taking unnecessary risks, losing the ball in dangerous areas, misplaced passes, rash challenges, not tracking the opposition midfield.

It's fair to say that I notice it more because I think he's crap, but that doesn't mean I have an agenda. I just think he has crap for brains and if he's not simply breaking up play and then playing it simple he gets found out as being shit.

That wasn't him today like.

I just think he's s*** and today, although wasn't as bad, still showed the fundamental things that are so s*** about him and that were still there.

Taking unnecessary risks, losing the ball in dangerous areas, misplaced passes, rash challenges, not tracking the opposition midfield.

It's fair to say that I notice it more because I think he's crap, but that doesn't mean I have an agenda. I just think he has crap for brains and if he's not simply breaking up play and then playing it simple he gets found out as being s***.

Different game I guess. I saw one misplaced pass and he will always give away few freekicks which isn't always a negative thing. None of his challenges were rash today.

Guest firetotheworks

I just think he's s*** and today, although wasn't as bad, still showed the fundamental things that are so s*** about him and that were still there.

It's fair to say that I notice it more because I think he's crap, but that doesn't mean I have an agenda. I just think he has crap for brains and if he's not simply breaking up play and then playing it simple he gets found out as being s***.

I disagree.

He was back to doing the simple s***, which is all i ask of him.

Cannot complain really.

There's an onus on him, in the position he played today, to dictate a tempo and start attacks. That doesn't mean he has to become Xabi Alonso - and he can still do this "keeping it simple" - but there has to be a speed and a positive direction to his play. Loads of useless possession in our half with no penetration because we give the opposition huge amounts of time to get a good defensive shape. 

Guest hatem garrincha

Helped that he was sat infront of the back 4 instead of Cabaye for a change, also thought a couple of decisions against him were down to the fact he is Cheik Tiote.

Yeah, both decisions were wrong.

Cannot complain really.

There's an onus on him, in the position he played today, to dictate a tempo and start attacks. That doesn't mean he has to become Xabi Alonso - and he can still do this "keeping it simple" - but there has to be a speed and a positive direction to his play. Loads of useless possession in our half with no penetration because we give the opposition huge amounts of time to get a good defensive shape. 

I do agree but that doesn't mean he was bad, no one said he was outstanding or anything just he did his job and he did for the most part.

A lot of the things being said about him that he was rash, taking chances and not tracking the midfield is bullocks.

He did all of the opposite today, because some have large ego's that they are not allowed to admit it doesn't mean it happened.

Cannot complain really.

I do agree but that doesn't mean he was bad, no one said he was outstanding or anything just he did his job and he did for the most part.

A lot of the things being said about him that he was rash, taking chances and not tracking the midfield is bullocks.

He did all of the opposite today, because some have large ego's that they are not allowed to admit it doesn't mean it happened.

I agree with the second part, but you said we "cannot complain really", which is not true.

I disagree.

Because of your agenda.  :la:

Guest firetotheworks

I disagree.

Because of your agenda.  :la:

Aye, right oh mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be getting shitter at breaking up play and tackling. If he can't sort that out and get back to his first season form then he is useless to us. Still not happy with his sloppy passing at times either.

His passing is getting worse and worse, it's pub league standard at best. He's more than a liability.

Aye we have to upgrade on Tiote mind. No wonder Cabaye is dropping so deep when our holding midfielder has been abysmal on the ball.

No way am I going to write him off yet, give him half a season to find form, he was ok today until he got hit in the eye.

Wasn't that MYM?

My only memory of him today was us breaking and him making and absolutely abysmal pass (not trying anything defence splitting or anything), the Arsenal player getting the ball and them countering us.

Sad thing is it felt like deja vu, well more groundhog day. Maybe I am exaggerating but to me I remember him causing us more problems this season than stopping them and despite Pardew's many, many faults I struggle to point the finger at him for Tiote's horrific passing.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Not our weakest link but if we can upgrade him for someone who has a reasonable physical presence, can pass, can score 4-5 goals and get a couple of assists, can go up for corners , I wouldn't object to him leaving