Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

What is the point of Tiote? Hes not even any good at the stuff he is supposed to be good at, pressing, tackling etc.... an absolute waste of a shirt.

It won't happen but I would just give Bigi a starting spot now (if Cabaye leaves), he may be a rough diamond but he will offer as much as Tiote and is more likely to improve because he seems to have a brain.

I would actually be quite excited tbh.

http://i41.tinypic.com/359kcae.png

:clap: Tiote, you have been very bloody good this season.

Just shows how short term we are as football fans, we all do it, maybe we should be more patient and take the rough with the smooth. I think it gets so frustrating sometimes to see players not make the most of their talent and making stupid mistakes.

I wanted him sold at end of season we finished 5th mind and my mates were saying you can't sell your best players. I said this season he is maybe but we can get £25 mil for him and I doubt he will ever reach that value again.

If Fellaini is worth 27m, Tiote has got to be worth almost 20m.....neither really worth it, but that's the market we are in. Man U need both Tiote and Cabaye enough to pay a decent fee for either.

Guest firetotheworks

Fellaini has been poor as a central midfielder for ages imo. I only thought that he was effective at Everton when he was used as a target man.

Fellaini has been poor as a central midfielder for ages imo. I only thought that he was effective at Everton when he was used as a target man.

He cannot pass, is not an effective tackler, and is quite lazy at tracking back and cutting off angles. I think he has to be one of the most limited players exchanged for such an exorbitant price. As you say, he is essentially a second striker.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/cheick-tiote-back-court-after-6398057

By Rob Kennedy

Cheick Tiote back in court after prosecutors forget to ban him from driving

12 Dec 2013 09:53

Cheick Tiote was brought back before a judge after prosecutors forget he should have been banned from the roads for a driving licence scam

Toon midfielder Cheick Tiote was back in the dock yesterday after prosecutors forgot he should have been banned from driving.

The footballer was given a suspended prison sentence in October for a driving licence scam.

On that occasion he was also given six penalty points on his licence.

However he already had six points on his licence and should have been banned on that occasion for accumulating 12 points.

Due to an oversight, that was not raised in court and he was therefore not banned.

Tiote was back at Newcastle Crown Court yesterday to correct the error.

Banning him for six months, Judge James Goss QC said: “He can afford a driver if he wants to be driven around.”

Tiote, 27, was given a seven month suspended prison sentence in October for possessing a fake Belgian driving licence and trying to swap it for a full UK licence.

He was also given 180 hours ‘unpaid work, was fined £600 and ordered to pay £3,795 costs.

Tony Hawks, prosecuting at the latest hearing, said: “He now has 12 points and should be disqualfied.

“The fault is that of the Crown, not the defendant.”

Judge Goss told Tiote: “I must disqualify you from holding or obtaining a driving licence for six months.

“I leave it to the licencing authorities as to whether that runs from today or from when you were originally sentenced.”

While passing through Belgium, the Ivory Coast international had met a man near Brussels airport and handed over £12,800 and a photograph of himself.

He then attempted to send it off to the DVLA in Swansea with an application for a UK licence.

The licence was a very good forgery, the court heard, but there were a number of features that showed it was a forgery.

Tioté went to all that expense and effort just to get out of taking the UK driving test?

Good performance. Shame he's missing the next game due to a yellow that was laughable.

86/100 passes successful and most of the unsuccessful ones were long balls. Feel like his possession play is hugely underrated here. Anita was 50/59 and Cabaye 45/55.

Good performance. Shame he's missing the next game due to a yellow that was laughable.

86/100 passes successful and most of the unsuccessful ones were long balls. Feel like his possession play is hugely underrated here. Anita was 50/59 and Cabaye 45/55.

Agree. Thought he has been terrific lately. His defensive contributions are great too - cuts out so many crosses which means Colo/Williamson aren't overexerted (which is important as neither are great endurance athletes) - which is when they perform best.

As long as he's in the team and dominating midfields I don't suppose plaudits matter, mind.