Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He is easily their best player. Only one with any quality

Is this the team that played you off the park without tiote, in your own stadium, in total silence and you scraped a lucky f***ing point.  :mackems:

they could end up being lumped with these players on the wage bill on massive contracts for years and not turn out to be half as good as they thought they were. See Nyron Nosworthy, for example

Fantastic news.

Those comparing Tiote getting a new deal to Carroll asking for a new one are missing a fairly important point.

Carroll had about 5 years left on his current contract - All he wanted was a payrise. Tiote will only have had 2.5 years left come the summer. This deal is more about extending the length of the contract than it is about rewarding the player with a payrise.

But of course if you're going to ask someone to stay for twice as long then you've got to offer them an incentive, which we have quite rightly done by increasing his wages.

Risk getting shot down in flames as this isn't :cheesy: /  :frantic: /  :celb:

Will Tiote's new £50k (around £2.6m a year) wages over a six and a half year period (around £16.9m) be taken out of the Carroll money?

By the way, I've been accused/called a lot of names in this thread - if any of you knew my personally you'd realise how pleased I am about this news. It's just I find this board is a good place to voice concerns, amongst mainly reasonable people. And before anyone tries any low blows towards United For Newcastle, please check the Facebook/Twitter profiles as to how the news has been received.