Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

People said we should be building a side around Carroll, which I was never sure about due to the kind of player he is.

However, we should be building a side around Tioté. He's that good. Similar to Colo if you rip him out the side we instantly turn into relegation fodder as far as I'm concerned. It would be footballing suicide to sell.

Personally I don't think MA is that crazy. It's a reason why he was given a 6 year contract.

THAT WAS TO ENSURE A BIG A FEE AS POSSIBLE

DAM

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO

:lol: Every player has his price. If we're offered silly money, we'll probably sell. But that goes for every club and club owner. So that got less to do with MA, than the general direction football has taken. If you made an investment and later on received an offer which meant a tenfold profit, would you have said no? Most wouldn't.

I'll be furious if we sell for around £15 mill, he's much more important than what Carroll was

Don't think he's worth more/more important than Carroll was tbh.

I'm not sure like - the difference in having someone doing that role, compared to previous seasons in the Premiership was massiver.

Massiver. :lol:

Aye but to be fair Tooj for many years we've had absolutely abysmal players in the middle of the park. Having a midfielder who could actually run, tackle and pass a ball was a completely foreign concept to us, so of course Tiote looked like an absolute colossus out there.

Aye but to be fair Tooj for many years we've had absolutely abysmal players in the middle of the park. Having a midfielder who could actually run, tackle and pass a ball was a completely foreign concept to us, so of course Tiote looked like an absolute colossus out there.

I agree Shak. Which is why I think it's so important to keep him. Especially now, as by all accounts he has a foil alongside him in Cabaye, who likes to show for the ball and play a passing game.

As no disrespect to Nolan, but at times Tiote was doing the work of two men, and never really had an outlet alongside him. So this might see him cut out those mistakes he made, when he held onto the ball for too long at times.

Really lookinh forward to seeing him and Cabaye in the centre of ourt midfield; has the potential to be awesome. But, as we know, if the right amount of money is offered he'll be sold.

Really lookinh forward to seeing him and Cabaye in the centre of ourt midfield; has the potential to be awesome. But, as we know, if the right amount of money is offered he'll be sold.

Same can be said for near enough anyone, Ronaldo from Man Utd being point and case.

I agree Shak. Which is why I think it's so important to keep him. Especially now, as by all accounts he has a foil alongside him in Cabaye, who likes to show for the ball and play a passing game.

As no disrespect to Nolan, but at times Tiote was doing the work of two men, and never really had an outlet alongside him. So this might see him cut out those mistakes he made, when he held onto the ball for too long at times.

Sure Tiote will pick up far less bookings this season with more movement around him.

Sure Tiote will pick up far less bookings this season with more movement around him.

Aye, not having to make 2 players worth of tackles should see him ok

Chelsea may make a move for Magpies ace

7:30am Wednesday 13th July 2011

CHELSEA have included Newcastle United’s Cheik Tiote on a shortlist of potential replacements for injured midfielder Michael Essien.

Stamford Bridge officials have made preliminary inquiries about the possible availability of Tiote, who signed a six-and-a-half year deal with the Magpies in February.

Boss Alan Pardew has no desire to sell the 25-year-old, who was arguably his club’s most influential performer last season despite only making a £4.5m move from Dutch side FC Twente last August.

However, as the Andy Carroll saga proved, every player has their price, and the presence of a long-term contractual agreement is not necessarily a barrier to owner Mike Ashley attempting to cash in.

Tiote will not be allowed to leave on the cheap – £15m is likely to be a starting point when it comes to any financial discussions – but the Chelsea hierarchy are keen to keep the channels of dialogue open as they attempt to overcome Essien’s latest injury setback.

Essien suffered a recurrence of a long-standing knee injury this week, and has undergone reconstructive ligament surgery. Publicly, Chelsea officials have quoted a six-month period of rehabilitation, but privately there are bound to be fears that the injury-plagued Ghanaian’s career could be in doubt.

As a result, Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has already been given permission to recruit a high-calibre replacement.

His preferred target is Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho, but any move for the Portugal international would be plagued by difficulties.

Not only does Moutinho’s contract specify a 35m Euros buy-out clause – a price that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is unlikely to pay – but having effectively forced his way out of Porto in order to move to England last month, Villas-Boas is also aware of the political hurdles that would be placed in the way of any attempt to sign one of his former club’s most important players.

With that in mind, the Portuguese has been presented with a list of alternative targets, most of whom were scouted by Chelsea’s recruitment team prior to his arrival as Carlo Ancelotti’s replacement.

Tiote’s name features prominently, along with former Newcastle skipper Scott Parker, who will leave Upton Park this summer following West Ham United’s relegation to the Championship.

While Parker would be a cheaper option given West Ham’s desire to sell, the England international turns 31 in October and is regarded as a stop-gap rather than a long-term replacement for Essien, so Tiote would be a much more progressive signing.

Two players all but certain to leave Tyneside are Wayne Routledge and Nile Ranger, and having turned down an opportunity to join Blackpool, the latter is now interesting West Ham. Routledge is close to completing a £1.5m move to Leicester City.

Meanwhile, Newcastle’s pursuit of Neil Taylor has been referred to a Premier League arbitration panel after the full-back’s current employers, Swansea City, queried an alleged £1m release clause in his contract.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9135671.Chelsea_may_make_a_move_for_Magpies_ace/

If a big bid comes in, he's as good as gone.

Getting rather fed up with all this tbh.

He was bound to be linked with them but if MA sells Tiote then Jose will 100% go and the fan base will implode with anger.