Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If it's all legit and Chelsea come up with a big enough number then he's gone.  Can't see Ashley putting up much of a fight to keep him at all.  Cash in the bank, that's all that matters.

Guest Roger Kint

I would take 20m. For that money we could get reo-coker (free), Carlton Cole (9m) and Poulsen (3m) and put the rest in youth facilities!

Great business!

:troll:

If it's all legit and Chelsea come up with a big enough number then he's gone.  Can't see Ashley putting up much of a fight to keep him at all.  Cash in the bank, that's all that matters.

Well yeah obviously, like any other player/club in the world.  No indication at this point that this is anything but media nonesense though, and certainly no indication that Chelsea would be prepared to make the kind of offer needed to sign him (IMO the club know Tiotes class and any offer would need to be huge like it was with Carroll).

Can't see Chelsea spending the required amount on a player that they want to replace Essien for limited period of time.

Tbf Essien's knees are gone and they will more likely than not look for a long-term replacement for him.

Guest WashyGeordie

Can't see Chelsea spending the required amount on a player that they want to replace Essien for limited period of time.

He's out for all of next season, which is not so limited.

Pfft, the Evening standard is a Chelsea wanktastic paper who claim that anyone chelsea have been linked with then they will sign, a bit like the Chronicle with us and Rooney, and Ronaldo, and Ronaldinho is years gone by, and a bit like RTG and anyone Sunderland are linked with.

Guest johnson293

Agree - hopefully we wouldn't let Tiote go for £15m, and Chelsea wont want to pay too much more for (as you say) a short term replacement.

But also, hopefully Tiote would see the move in the same way, and not want to go there under those circumstances.

EDIT: just seen some replies about Essien - thought he was only out a few months... 6 at most?

I seriously don't want him sold but he must be worth more than Henderson. 15M is a joke!

The article says £15m would probably be the starting point to open negotiations, also its quite clearly the opinion of the writer and nothing else.

BUT THINK OF THE SQUAD WE COULD HAVE WITH TEH MONIES

it's not about the squad dave, it's about having the cash around so we can possibly buy someone should they become available at a 'reasonable' price and on 'reasonable' wages. and bore holes, shit loads of bore holes.

i'd absolutely hate it if tiote went but if he wants to go a fair few are going to have their illusions shattered, and then they'll be back on here in a week justifying it

No doubt if Pardew comes out to 'reject' it, it'll be:

1) "I can say now that Tiote will 100% be staying at Newcastle"

2) "The money will be pumped back into the club no doubt about it"

3) "We will sign 1-2 players before the season starts"

*A couple of days before the Arsenal match* "We'll sign atleast 1 player before the end of the transfer window"

:suicide:

4) Stephen Ireland arrives back declaring his love for the area and how his bags have been packed all summer.

As with Carroll I don't think there's a chance in hell that Ashley won't milk Chelsea for every possible penny so I wouldn't worry so much about not getting so much money for him, this is Ashley ffs. Different reasons for getting good money for him than us fans but it's his goal also nonetheless.

Much, much more worried about Alan Smith starting against Arsenal than the money we'll get for Tiote tbh.

Guest johnson293

I seriously don't want him sold but he must be worth more than Henderson. 15M is a joke!

The article says £15m would probably be the starting point to open negotiations, also its quite clearly the opinion of the writer and nothing else.

From the LES Article...

It is believed Newcastle will demand £15m for the Ivory Coast international, a fee Chelsea will be prepared to pay because of his age and potential.

However, the same article also claims he cost us £4.5m.

If Chelsea offer us more than 20 mil, Ashley will sell for sure and that will be it for me I'm afraid.

Not panicking but seriously, how long can we support this club if we keep going on like this.

I'm bored of turning up and pumping my money in for us to show no ambition.

From the LES Article...

It is believed Newcastle will demand £15m for the Ivory Coast international, a fee Chelsea will be prepared to pay because of his age and potential.

However, the same article also claims he cost us £4.5m.

Ah right, I was reading the northern echo article.  Still "it is believed" still screams the same "I made it up" as the echo article.