Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest ykmkmdd

Shit myself every time I see this thread at the top of the page - was always only a matter of time till the rumours started.  :dave:

Big worry is that if it's Chelsea he'll likely want to go given the other Ivorians they have there.

Big bid + player wants out would mean him gone for sure.

We should not sell our best player Tiote. I always feel we have a good foothold in a game when he plays for us as we are never over run in midfield even when outnumbered he seems to be everywhere. Phenomenal player who should be even better this season than last season and i can't waitr to see him in action again. We don't need the money after the Carroll sale. Our second best player Enrique is probably off at some point in the next 12 months too and will be extreamly hard to replace with a similar quality player. Would be a huge gamble letting Tiote go and will unsettle other players who have come to play alongside him. Pardew was building the team around Tiote and Ben Arfa.

Ashley will no doubt have a price in mind he'll sell for. Quite possibly a high one. Hopefully Chelski will be looking elsewhere though.

Selling Tiote would be worse than selling Carroll

Even for £35 million?

I doubt we would get £35million for him - for that price I would consider it (though it would be on the same basis as the Carroll deal, it gets reinvested fully in the team and not on fancy showers and toilets at the training ground)

Of course we wouldn't get £35 million... £15 mil tops.

I wouldn't sell him at any price.

Unfortunately, the owners of the club will probably sell him if an offer above £15 million comes in...

Even for £35 million?

I doubt we would get £35million for him - for that price I would consider it (though it would be on the same basis as the Carroll deal, it gets reinvested fully in the team and not on fancy showers and toilets at the training ground)

Unfortunately, the owners of the club will probably sell him if an offer above £15 million comes in...

may be me being naive but if 15 was the top offer to come in i dont think we'd let him go

another season like last season and he'll be worth a lot more come next summer

Even for £35 million?

may be me being naive but if 15 was the top offer to come in i dont think we'd let him go

Have to agree with this. Last season was his first in the Premiership and he was adjusting and was still incredible. This year he has a years experience under his belt and knows what to expect. He should be even more awesome. He'll also have better players around him too, Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye + possibly another couple, on top of the likes of Barton, Jonas colo etc. People noticed him last year as a stand out player, this year his value should rocket even more. This may persuade Ashley to keep  him at least another year.

If he does go and i pray he doesn't, Matuidi could be a good replacement.

Even for £35 million?

...and I think that it was they are holding out for. Like Dave said a few months ago, they will hope he improves on last season, thus proving last season wasn't a one-off. He will command a better fee this time next year. To be honest, I hope he picks up silly yellow cards all season - even if that means he only plays 30 games a season, a price worth paying to keep him here.

Even for £35 million?

...and I think that it was they are holding out for. Like Dave said a few months ago, they will hope he improves on last season, thus proving last season wasn't a one-off. He will command a better fee this time next year. To be honest, I hope he picks up silly yellow cards all season - even if that means he only plays 30 games a season, a price worth paying to keep him here.

that just fucked my head :lol:

cant say i hope he picks up yellow cards, and to be honest...even if he does yet still plays the same as this season, dont think it'll make a difference to people coming in for him

wasnt it 6? :shifty:

6 years!!! More money out of the 35 million! Sweet Jesus of Nazareth...just flinging this money about willy-nilly...!

keep going like this we'll have to sell colo to cover the cost.  Any surplus can go towards new shower caps