Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Every game he plays, he's at huge risk of getting sent off. The strange thing is, he is seemingly getting more aggressive and rash than when he first joined.

Nobody can say that the amount of yellows he picks up is acceptable.

Truth be spoken.

Every game he plays, he's at huge risk of getting sent off. The strange thing is, he is seemingly getting more aggressive and rash than when he first joined.

For such an aggressive player, he's only been sent off once in his entire time here. And even then, people were arguing it should never have been a red card.

Guest BooBoo

How many bans has he had for yellow card totters though? I've not got the stats to hand but I wouldn't be surprised to see he's been booked in every game he's played in this season.

Yeah, he just looks so angry all the time nowadays, not to mention that he was much more effective when he stuck to simple sideway passes.

Guest BooBoo

Ah whatever.

He's nowhere near the biggest problem. Nowhere near.

Nobody's saying he's the biggest problem but his lack of discipline coupled with a ridiculous petulant streak is worthy of note.

I actually think the booking was harsh if it was for his reaction afterwards.  He didn't confront the ref or kick the ball away, and was just expressing his frustration with a roar of anguish.  I thought it was totally hilarious tbh :lol:

He's always shite when he comes back from injury for a few games but if he can get himself on a run then I have confidence that he'll be back bossing things.

Guest BooBoo

Thought he was very poor today.  Shadow of his normal self.

What is his normal self though?

He excels once every ten games. His normal self is a 6/10 showing with over aggression and a yellow card.

Guest BooBoo

I think he's begun to believe his own hype with the hard man/ psycho image and that silly hair cut. I wish he would just get back to basics and be the player he looked during his first season.

Has been unlucky with injuries this season and hasn't had a decent run in the side yet. Nearly every game he's played in he's been booted or landed awkwardly early on (Spurs and Reading come most obviously to mind). Think he needs a run of games and will be fine, can't believe how much criticism he's come in for today.

Although on here he seems to have gained the "protected species" status, I have to say I think (and quite a few who attend games agree) that he is becoming a liability to us. His aggression is not controlled, it's reckless and potentially costly. He over elaborates in the wrong areas and regularly loses posession through very poor short passes.

When he went out last season most of us feared we'd suffer in his absence. Truth is we actually looked better with Perch playing the "holding" role in midfield as he was a better tackler, passer and seemed to play a lot more intelligently than Tiote.

If there was ever any truth in the rumours about big clubs being interested (and I'm not sure there was) and a big fee being offered, I'd snap their hand off.

Guest neesy111

Neil is correct about Tiote and Cabaye tbh.  Few them without black and white specs on and they aren't anything special.

May just be me but does anyone else think he's become a bit too big? He's put on a lot of mass since his debut against Everton. He doesn't need more weight to boss midfields and as it stands he's a worse player now than he was in 2010. I'm not sure whether this ties into these pirouettes and the way he nearly always loses out on them now, as opposed to how he used to be in complete control.

Or I could just be reading too much into it.