Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Play him in place of Perch please.

Yes, but harsh on Perch who has been good the last couple of games. Can see Pardew not bringing him straight back.

Perch was our worst performer yesterday. We can't go to Spurs away with him in central midfield like we did last season.

I'd keep that kind of opinion in here. Mention that on Twitter and the more knowledgeable fans on Twitter will have your head

It is a unique experience when your team plays against Tiote. I was always scared that this guy would try to kill some of our players. I was relieved that Mikel Obi finished the match with two working legs. At the same time, he is a competent passer of the football.

He makes us more formidable in a way that Perch, Anita, and even Sissoko do not. If we play him properly, I will very pleased to have him back.

Nail on the head. No one gives us what Tiote does. Yes he's been a bit sloppy, but even in those games he's done a lot of good stuff which gets overlooked. I'm really hoping that Sissoko in front of him will see him getting back to basics.

I love how everyone is changing their tact because he's coming back :lol: before he left he was a liability and wanted him sold now he's the savior :lol:

He's been bad this season there's no getting around that, if he suddenly improves his performance then fair play but i don't think its certain he will come back and perform because he's surrounded by better players.

He was hot and cold last season and he's been bad this, really an example of a player being away for a while and suddenly being hyped up to something he isn't.

Fair play if he comes back and performs and i will admit i was wrong but i fail to see where all this confidence is coming from.

He's obviously miles better than Perch though, bad performances or not but fact is Perch shouldn't be playing anyway.

I love how everyone is changing their tact because he's coming back :lol: before he left he was a liability and wanted him sold now he's the savior :lol:

He's been bad this season there's no getting around that, if he suddenly improves his performance then fair play but i don't think its certain he will come back and perform because he's surrounded by better players.

He was hot and cold last season and he's been bad this, really an example of a player being away for a while and suddenly being hyped up to something he isn't.

Fair play if he comes back and performs and i will admit i was wrong but i fail to see where all this confidence is coming from.

He's obviously miles better than Perch though, bad performances or not but fact is Perch shouldn't be playing anyway.

Fairly broad brush you're using there, Mole.

I don't think the guy can run a midfield on his own but think there's every chance he can come back to form with the new personnel around him.  Needs to keep it simple and stop playing like a moron though.

Exactly. The likes of Cabaye, Sissoko, Gouffran and Ben Arfa (when he comes back) playing mean he can stop overdoing it and get back to his bread and butter of winning it and giving it on. The pressure is not there to hold it or bring it forward.

He also needs to be used in fewer games. No point whatsoever in him playing against the likes of Fulham and Soton at home. Benefits nobody but the opposition.

Can't see Pardew playing Anita or Marveaux instead of Tiote or Perch in many/any games.

He also needs to be used in fewer games. No point whatsoever in him playing against the likes of Fulham and Soton at home. Benefits nobody but the opposition.

Southampton probably not the best example.

He's been really, really poor this season and for a fair bit before then too. I'm not overly eager to see him back in the team ahead of people like Anita and Marveaux who have played well this season.

Can't see Pardew playing Anita or Marveaux instead of Tiote or Perch in many/any games.

Me neither if I'm honest. I'd have Marveaux ahead of him in half of our remaining fixtures, personally.

Please stay in South Africa.

Who was it that you said was shit last time? Can't remember.

Sammy wasn't it? Think I was very right then and still do now. He's shit like his brother.

Marveaux as well by the looks.

He's been really, really poor this season and for a fair bit before then too. I'm not overly eager to see him back in the team ahead of people like Anita and Marveaux who have played well this season.

It has not only been him, but the entire team, has been poor for long stints this season. He should no doubt be in the team.

He won't be brilliant if he tries to do it all on his own and picks up a booking every week.

You'd hope that won't be the case though.

Jesus Lord give me strength ...

Why would he try to do it on his own with Cabaye and Sissoko in the midfield with him?

People are being way to harsh with Tiote. At least he isn't a coward, shirking responsibility. He actually tries to make things happen.

Not his fault he was being played in a midfield two with inexperienced partners while Cabaye was out.

He's at his best in a midfield three, and will give pass the ball well, and on time when people show for it.

Have people forgotten how bad our movement was when Ba and Cisse were being played up top in a 4-4-2?

I will bump this thread continuously to show up all you doubters when he comes back and is outstanding!

It has not only been him, but the entire team, has been poor for long stints this season. He should no doubt be in the team.

Tioté has been poor for much longer than just this season though, unlike the majority of the rest of the team.