Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I just think he's been figured out. In possession he's awful, and it's a huge double standard to criticse Pardew for poor football and simulataneously expect it with the likes of him in the team. All things weighed up he's just very average.

I just think he's been figured out. In possession he's awful, and it's a huge double standard to criticse Pardew for poor football and simulataneously expect it with the likes of him in the team. All things weighed up he's just very average.

His actual passing is pretty good imo. Taking too long on the ball is his issue.

Our little wobble around 80 mins. was largely his fault. Kept getting harried and losing the ball.

Also he should focus on closing down players when they counter instead of trying to read the pass. Close them down, if they go past you take the yellow. Forgot who lost the ball but the break was on for Wigan, instead of closing down the player he tried to read the pass.. the player decided he would just run past Tiote and could've scored. Tiote did teh same thing for one of S'hampton's goals, tried to read the pass and the oppo just ran past him.

As I said during the match, the annoying thing is when he fucks up he seems to think fouling the opposition makes up for it. So many times he gets caught out fucking around on the ball then his next action will be to charge into someone and give away a foul, normally in a dangerous area.

Perch somehow gets booked more than Tiote but if we aren't going to start Anita I would go with Perch. Not as talented as Tiote but actually knows his limitations and will play as such.

He never lost possession when he first joined. What's changed?

Read the post, mate. He's been figured out and teams target him in possession.

Read the post, mate. He's been figured out and teams target him in possession.

He was pressured lots then too. I think that view is too simplistic. He was always twisting and turning his way out of trouble, playing the simple ball.

His game is verging on unrecognisable now.

We had a very direct team when he first came here with a clear game plan. He had to get it and give it. Now we have a team that's mis-match of playing styles with no direction. He probably doesn't know what he's supposed to do any more and he's a bit thick as well.

i am one of his biggest fans and he would always get in my team but thought he was terrible today and think it was only the early injuries to the fullbacks which meant he didn't get subbed.

Has been bad all season when fit but has been even worse since the ACON, hes been found out and is utterly, utterly hopeless. The only game he looked decent was Stoke and then went and gave away a needless, reckless penalty.

I lost count of how many times he lost the ball today just by holding onto the ball for too long, just doesn't seem with it.

Seems to sometimes concentrate too much on positioning and less about actually winning the ball aswell, there was a point in the game where the ball was about 3 foot away from him but he didn't collect it because he was trying to hold his position. He is a joke of a player at the moment.

If Pardew doesn't rate Anita its a crying shame but if it is indeed the case then IMO we need to move Tiote on and buy a DM who he actually does rate.

Key things i'd like to look for is positional sense, good at tackling and intercepting, moves the ball quickly and able to drive forward offensively.

I like the look of Schneiderlin at Southampton but unsure if he would be good enough for a team looking at the top 6.

Anita would do well under a manager with a different football philosophy. He's never going to fit into Pardew's vision of a football team. You have to question that signing a little bit given that. Did he think Anita was a different kind of player?

Agreed Dave. Done similar with Santon last season. However I don't think he'll phase Tiote out as it seems he likes to have some "steel" in midfield and Anita doesn't provide that. I'm sick to death of Tiote now though, loses possession a lot, get's caught dawdling on the ball, passing is shocking lately and all round his physical side has just been far too strong this season. He's been a liability this season, almost guaranteed yellow card having on the pitch and I get scared when I see him near our box as I fear he'll do something like he did last week against Stoke.