Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Why the hell is he playing infront of Cabaye for most parts?

Because of his positioning. f***ing obvious, this.

This isn't down to the manager? How come his positioning was good last season for big parts but not this season when he has been moved forward a bit? I for one believe Tiote's positioning is down to Pardew completely.

No. Take Adam Johnson's goal as the example, and look at where he stands, and what's his decision.

I am a defensive midfielder in real life, and I can tell you a defensive midfielder can never allow anyone to take shot that easy in that position, never.  It is not down to Pardew or coaching.  It is just shit judgement and poor football intelligence. 

:lol:  :clap:

Tiote wants to press and Cabaye want too much time on the ball to make the pass and/or doesn't trust Tiote as the last man is how I read it.

I've said a million times on here that they don't compliment each other at all and frankly the situation is getting worse. We do need replacements for several first teamers in the summer and he's one of them.

Spot on. :thup:

Tiote wants to press and Cabaye want too much time on the ball to make the pass and/or doesn't trust Tiote as the last man is how I read it.

I've said a million times on here that they don't compliment each other at all and frankly the situation is getting worse. We do need replacements for several first teamers in the summer and he's one of them.

Spot on. :thup:

That midfield "showing" yesterday was one of the most embarrassing things I've seen for years given the magnitude of the game (from both Tiote and Cabaye I mean)

Under proper management, a midfield three of Cabaye-Sissoko-Anita could be devastating. With Cabaye playing further up the field to direct the attack, Sissoko roaming box-to-box across the center of the midfield, and Anita sitting deep to funnel the ball out from the backline.

Unfortunately, Pardew has no clue how to utilize a 3-man midfield.

Thing is with Tiote I think he's fully aware of how s*** he's playing and is also aware of the criticism from the stands - and he's really struggling to react in a positive manner, could be said he's actually getting worse. Pressure really seems to have got to him.

He seriously needs to get through 90 minutes just doing all the basics - basically what he did when he first came. He's trying to be this skilful defensive midfielder and it's clear he's nowhere near that level. The squandering of possession this season is becoming ludicrous in it's frequency tbh.

If this guy isn't sold in the summer and one of our star performers go instead (Cisse, Ben Arfa) then I'll be so pissed off. Honestly if I bumped into him, Ben Arfa, and Cisse I'd talk to the latter two, tell how they are my favourite players and then I'd turn to him, tell him his down falls then ask suggest it's best if he fucked off. The same would be said of Pardew as well.

If this guy isn't sold in the summer and one of our star performers go instead (Cisse, Ben Arfa) then I'll be so p*ssed off. Honestly if I bumped into him, Ben Arfa, and Cisse I'd talk to the latter two, tell how they are my favourite players and then I'd turn to him, tell him his down falls then ask suggest it's best if he f***ed off. The same would be said of Pardew as well.

:bigi:

Sad used to be my favourite player here.Im afraid the days of a tough tackler are over and he knows It so he has fuck all else to do except give the ball away time and time again.I think we actually missed Guthrie this season

I think we should be giving Anita a go in the side now. Play him behind Cabaye, let Yohan get further up to put some good balls through to our forwards and hopefully we can start creating more clear cut chances.

Guest firetotheworks

I think at the moment it should Perch. Without meaning any offence to him,  that says it all.

Tiote was a revelation when he was first signed under Hughton - he has gone steadily downhill under Pardew's managment, and it is no coincidence to me that other players we signed in January have also declined since joining the club. There HAS to be a connection and if Ferguson wanted to sign Tiote last season but was put off by the 20m fee, he must have seen something in the player.

I don't believe the Tiote we saw making his debut against Everton has suddenly lost his strengths of winning the ball, being available for a pass, and then passing sensibly and accurately....remember, SBR got Shearer scoring again almost immediately after taking over from Gullit because he saw that the player wasn't using the strengths he possessed...all down to the manager.....

Guest LeMacaron

Starting against Sunderland seems like such a foolish decision given his discipline in a 'normal' match let alone a local derby, and his performances this year barely warrants a place on the bench. Seriously needs to up his game of gtfo in the summer.

He's an absolute fraud like. Everything positive he does is completely negated by his lack of discipline and inability to keep possession. Waste of a shirt, waste of a 'purple'. We can definitely find better for his position from the cheapo French bargain bin. There'll still be sides willing to pay around £8m for Tiote IMO and we could probably get an upgrade for half of that.

Guest hatem garrincha

I actually thought he was one of our better players at the weekend - he's certainly the only one I remember actually tackling anyone.

Although I was pretty p*ssed mind.

Me too...He was better than Cabaye and Sissoko combined...

I just think we need 3 in central midfield, no combination of two really works.

I think Sissoko, Cabaye and Anita could work, although Marveaux would lose out or need to be accommodated elsewhere.

I know it was only reading at home but until Pardew did his usual sit back when you get the lead i felt Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux worked very well.

Anita for once was in a role he was bought for and not running round like a headless chicken, Cabaye was actually linking play between Anita and Marveaux.

Obviously with Sissoko here now that midfield is unlikely but i felt it worked well.

Guest reefatoon

I actually thought he was one of our better players at the weekend - he's certainly the only one I remember actually tackling anyone.

Have to agree, he was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch for us.

Have to agree, he was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch for us.

No he wasn't. I was worried he'd be rusty as usual after coming from a long lay off, but he actually did ok compared to Jonas and Cabaye.

He's an absolute fraud like. Everything positive he does is completely negated by his lack of discipline and inability to keep possession. Waste of a shirt, waste of a 'purple'. We can definitely find better for his position from the cheapo French bargain bin. There'll still be sides willing to pay around £8m for Tiote IMO and we could probably get an upgrade for half of that.

He's far from a fraud. He never hides at all so you're letting your hatred of him get in your way when saying that