Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Cabaye's a bit of a conundrum for me. I don't think he should be the deepest of a 3, he's an excellet option to have in the final third. He may not be good at dribbling but his vision, quick passing and shooting are all very good. Having him constantly back isn't ideal, you'd want him in and around the edge of the box.

Anita/Tiote

Cabaye        Sissoko

Is probably the best we've got.

Cabaye and Sissoko as a cetral midfield partership in a 4-4-2 could be interesting.

Tiote, like basically everyone in the squad, has been victim to chronic mis-use all season long. It doesn't forgive his basic errors and ridiculous mentality across the football pitch - he's just an idiot for 90 minutes. I can see one of him or Anita leaving and I'd much prefer if we held onto the latter.

"The dirtiest Premier League players 2012-13"

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/the-dirtiest-premier-league-players-2012-13-1

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/the-dirtiest-premier-league-players-2012-13-1#image=11

1. Cheick Tiote - Newcastle United

Age: 26 Position: Midfielder Games: 24 Cards: 7Y/1R Minutes per foul: 30.8

The Ivorian has proved a real hit with the Geordie faithful but his tackling does often leave a lot to be desired. Tiote is a warrior in the middle of the park but at times needs reining in front of a passionate St. James’ Park crowd. The stats show Tiote is a clear ‘winner’ at the top of this list with a foul every half an hour.

Is there anything at all he's good at, besides being a pretend tough guy?

Have you always known he was shite then, or where you as impressed as the rest of us during his first season?

Have you always known he was shite then, or where you as impressed as the rest of us during his first season?

To be fair to Ronaldo, he's never really rated him as anything more than a squad player.

Have you always known he was s**** then, or where you as impressed as the rest of us during his first season?

To be fair to Ronaldo, he's never really rated him as anything more than a squad player.

Strangely, I wouldn't say Tiote is 'dirty' at all. He's all-action and too aggressive, but he's not sly or fouling deliberately. He needs to tone it down but he also gets booked for a lot of stuff that is fairly soft.

Aye, I wouldn't class him as dirty, just an idiot. There aren't many tackles he does which i'd say were dangerous, he just seems to get carried away  :lol: Cabaye is by far and away our dirtiest player imo.

Problem with Cabs playing forward is that we need to play on the counter with quick transitions for that to work.

Why is that a problem?

I'd like us to play on the front foot. Cabs can't play AM in a team like that.

fair enough. I just think it may be easier for us to be that team under Pardew rather than a front foot team.

Just watched highlights of the Man U game from last season - Tiote was on fire that night.  Reminded me of how good a player he can be.  No way do I want him to leave.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Just watched highlights of the Man U game from last season - Tiote was on fire that night.  Reminded me of how good a player he can be.  No way do I want him to leave.

Yeah looking at that Pardew's ruined him. Looks like a league two player after a year with Pardew.

"The dirtiest Premier League players 2012-13"

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/the-dirtiest-premier-league-players-2012-13-1

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/the-dirtiest-premier-league-players-2012-13-1#image=11

1. Cheick Tiote - Newcastle United

Age: 26 Position: Midfielder Games: 24 Cards: 7Y/1R Minutes per foul: 30.8

The Ivorian has proved a real hit with the Geordie faithful but his tackling does often leave a lot to be desired. Tiote is a warrior in the middle of the park but at times needs reining in front of a passionate St. James’ Park crowd. The stats show Tiote is a clear ‘winner’ at the top of this list with a foul every half an hour.

That's rather crap. Can't say I've ever seen him offer a malicious challenge. He's just thick as hell.

EDIT: what Neej and Ian said.

I don't blame Pardew for Tiote's slump that much tbh, as he has all the ingredients to be a great midfielder except the brain, Pardew wanted him to be the complete midfielder he might have turned into that had he fulfilled the potential of his debut season, but alas no. If he has any sense* he'll try and get him to focus his game back down to being a defensive midfield and stop being so overeager in the tackles. Or just sell him.

* :lol:

Oh ffs ok maybe overstating it I'll grant you, but he should not be as risky a passer as he is now based on his start. He can carry the ball forward and impose himself on games even if he isn't creative at all. He can be more than a tackler at the back of midfield and now he isn't even that.