Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I honestly believe the lack of a midfielder with running power is the reason players like Milner and Duff didn't perform to their potential when they were with us. Now if you could just give Joey Barton a new set of legs we'd be world beaters.

It's taken 12 years but finally we did it.

hope no one thinks this is a racist rhyme but...(I apologise in advance, it wasn't my intention - people say the white pele so why not)

whoa, black batty (bam-A-lam)

Black batty seen the ball (bam-A-lam)

The damn thing gone wild (bam-A-lam)

He said "I'm tacklin' outta my mind" (bam-A-lam)

The damn man’s a find (bam-A-lam)

I said oh black batty (bam-A-lam)

whoa, black batty (bam-BA-lam)

hope no one thinks this is a racist rhyme but...(I apologise in advance, it wasn't my intention - people say the white pele so why not)

:lol:

:lol:

Worthy of a ban imo.

Was very very good today. Made me feel embarrassed for Smith how much better he was in one game than Smith's been in his entire Newcastle career. Here's hoping Smith learns from him in training rather than tries to boot him up in the air.

at least he has the scott parker pirouette down pack. great game nevertheless O0

Second time I've seen this drivel. It keeps possession.

If he was doing it and getting tackled every time I would understand the point. Games like that you're crying out for central midfielders to buy you a bit of time with such composure - allowing the rest of the team to regroup at the back and move into advanced positions up front.

Parker did it ahead of attempting forward passes at times, undoubtedly, which did deserve a moan at home when it was excessively negative, but most of the time he simply had no options and had to keep the ball rolling and keep possession. I far prefer that to Alan Smith's approach of passing the buck on to the central defenders who will invariably howk it long and give the ball back to the opposition.

at least he has the scott parker pirouette down pack. great game nevertheless O0

Second time I've seen this drivel. It keeps possession.

If he was doing it and getting tackled every time I would understand the point. Games like that you're crying out for central midfielders to buy you a bit of time with such composure - allowing the rest of the team to regroup at the back and move into advanced positions.

Parker did it ahead of attempting forward passes at times, undoubtedly, which did deserve a moan at home when it was excessively negative, but most of the time he simply had no options and had to keep the ball rolling and keep possession. I far prefer that to Alan Smith's approach of passing the buck on to the central defenders who will invariably howk it long and give the ball back to the opposition.

Like I said in the MT it was done with purpose. He helped us immensely by taking the pressure off, holding on to the ball and releasing it without passing it to the opposition. Clever play, HBA will get the plaudits from the press but Tiote for me was my MOM, i've not seen anything like him play for us in years, we've been crying out for him, and best of all he's ours, not a loan but signed on for the cause. I'm thrilled.