Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest elbee909

going to fish out my sock/slipper "tiotes" this evening in homage to a decent defensive centralmidfielder.

You'll be happy to put a foot in, as is he.

Judging from the highlights has some very good attributes, hopefully it signals the end of smith in a Newcastle shirt. Judging by the fact tiote is probably not world class shows just how much of a burden smith was on the team.

I think that he had a Solid game today and I am, dare i say it, Optimistic about him. He looked strong, confident on the ball, not afraid to take players on and fairly quick to boot.

I don't really want to slate Alan Smith too much because I thought that he had a 'Reasonably' good season last season BUT I think that we will start to see less and less of him. Barton is playing well, Obviously HBA needs to be in the team as does Routledge and based on today, Tiote and then there is the likes of Guthrie, Gosling and vuckic who will always be gunning for game time.

Thought he was excellent, as important as Ben Arfa in getting the win yesterday ; tough tackling combined with excellent movement and decent passing make the ideal MF player in today's game.

If he keeps this up, he will be a huge asset to the side, esp in games against the top sides.

A beast. Reminds me of the time Pompey came here and raided us, everyone was spewing semen over their midfield full of "black beasts" and we wished we had just one. We do now, and he's a fuckin' beauty. I hope Smith shines his shoes well.

Had a great debut in my opinion. He can tackle very well, control the ball and get into good spaces as well, something which Alan Smith is lacking. Long may it continue.

Guest Roger Kint

Tiote and Barton pretty much shut down a usually quality Everton midfield. Impressed.

Thought they linked brilliantly going forward knitting little passes together as well as doing the grafting jobs perfectly, was very impressed with his debut yesterday

yeah, Nolan was good yesterday.. one of the few games he was truly box-to-box.. Several important tackles at the back, good work rate throughout the match, the disgraceful penalty decision and of course his leadership.. Long may it continue.

I hope that Nolan and Barton's solid performances are indeed due to the freedom created by THE CHEICK's AMAZING SKILLZ.. If that's the case, we're in for a good season..