Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

The signings of Barfa and Tiote further intensify the "Hughton loves to sign blacks" stuff that people were spouting a while ago. I think all of his signings apart from Williamson, Gosling and Lovenkrands (and Zurab on loan) have been. :lol:

Guest elbee909

Amdy Faye, brought to these shores by Harry Redknapp, wasn't he?

He has such an eye for talent.  The wheeler-f***ing-dealer.

F**k off

:frantic:

The signings of Barfa and Tiote further intensify the "Hughton loves to sign blacks" stuff that people were spouting a while ago. I think all of his signings apart from Williamson, Gosling and Lovenkrands (and Zurab on loan) have been. :lol:

Only amongst mongs.

I reckon pointing it out as a joke is fair game, those who suggested it actually influences his decision whether to sign someone or not were indeed, as you said, mongs.

In what perverse world is Hatem Ben Arfa black??

Tiote has a funny shaped head, man. :lol: He looks ridiculous with the slashed up eyebrows and hair.

"Chris Hughton gave full Premier League debuts to two new midfielders on Saturday – Hatem Ben Arfa and Cheick Tioté. Ben Arfa made the most obvious impact, with a stunning 30-yard drive that turned out to be the game's only goal, but Tioté also impressed in a more low-key role. Starting in place of Alan Smith, Tioté's calm, reliable distribution in the centre of the pitch allowed Newcastle to control the midfield. Indeed, they actually out-passed Everton on Saturday, recording 276 passes compared to the home side's 260. It may be a narrow margin but not many sides will achieve that at Goodison Park this season – not even Manchester United, who lost out 329-298 in that respect. Tioté was the key to this – completing all of his 43 passes. He also made two interceptions, completed all three of his attempted tackles, and his only shot was on target"

Nice.

Its basic stuff but in the Premier League we need to be able to really improve our possession football. This lad looks like he'll help.

We've actually done very well possession wise overall this season, which has completely surprised me.

Tiote makes life easier though.

http://img.skysports.com/10/09/800x600/Tiote_2502635.jpg

Wouldn't fancy going up against him would you? Beast.

Jesus, if he didn't have a chin you wouldn't be able to see where his neck ends and head begins.