Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Would be pointless to come out and slag him off when we could still need him, not to mention still get a fee for him in Jan.

Still think he can do a job for us personally, but everyone's suddenly decided to hate him based on rumours that hes a bad egg in the dressing room, definitely time for him to move on at the end of the season or in Jan but he was good at the end of last season under Rafa and could do a job in the middle still.

He said he was very pleased with Sissoko too and wouldn't let him leave right at the end of the transfer window. A manager has to play a little liar's poker at times.

Well yeah, and he didn't let him leave until we got the price we wanted which is way more than most people on here thought he was worth. Rafa's pretty straight talking like, I tend to just go along with what he says rather than believe all the  silly rumours on here.

I guess if you're trying to sell him, slating his attitude won't help. He's probably still just being a dick.

He's not trying to sell him, it's Tiote who has been angling for a big money move. As for him being a dick, Rafa's said quite clearly in that interview that he's pleased with him and that he'll be involved again if he's still here when the window closes.

You've just described exactly what I meant :lol: "Rafa sed he's puwa mint like" of course he bloody did.

Very odd to put him back in. Colback's been less tragic, of late, and would surely have been the better bet.

I can see why he put him back in, had he played like he can do then he would have taken charge of that midfield, unfortunately though he went in with his bull in a china shop mentality and was lucky to have not given away a penalty.

He either takes control of midfield or he's a liability, there is no in between with him.

Guest neesy111

Did well when he came on and was barking instructions from the offset, still maintain he can do a job for us.

:lol: :lol:

Our midfield went to even more pieces when he came on.

Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch like.

Let's see if your man Colback comes back into the reckoning instead then.

Would rather Colback than Tiote tbf.

I know you would prefer Colback, which is why I'm interested to see how this pans out with Rafa as I don't think Colback is physically capable of playing a central midfield role, whereas Tiote is when he can be arsed. Colback is like a little yorkshire terrier trotting around a park full of dobermans and rottweilers.