Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

did anyone hear the stat on Radio Newcastle before the game?  Lowes said Tiote featured 28 times for Twente in the Eredivisie last season.  However he only completed 90 minutes 3 times.  For the other 25 he was either brought off or brought on.

Twente could have done with him against Spurs t'other day.

did anyone hear the stat on Radio Newcastle before the game?  Lowes said Tiote featured 28 times for Twente in the Eredivisie last season.  However he only completed 90 minutes 3 times.  For the other 25 he was either brought off or brought on.

I heard that McLaren often used him as a sub and brought him on when they were winning to protect the lead.

In any case, good players with potential, who are overlooked a bit at their current club, are probably the best signings we can be making at the moment.

Great to have spotted and signed him.

Lets hope he carries on like he has started and we can keep hold of him.

The thing I love about him the most is that with his first touch he'll often eliminate one or two players being able to tackle him by cutting in front of them, I love it.

Nailed. He has a positional awareness about him so he makes sure his first touch takes him away from danger more often than not, probably makes his first touch look better than it actually is (in the sense he doesn't seem to kill the ball stone dead, rather moves it in another direction)

The thing I love about him the most is that with his first touch he'll often eliminate one or two players being able to tackle him by cutting in front of them, I love it.

Nailed. He has a positional awareness about him so he makes sure his first touch takes him away from danger more often than not, probably makes his first touch look better than it actually is (in the sense he doesn't seem to kill the ball stone dead, rather moves it in another direction)

This was Zidane's great ability, and to a certain extent Lampard has it as well. Great awareness and the ability to touch the ball into exactly the right place.

This was Zidane's great ability, and to a certain extent Lampard has it as well. Great awareness and the ability to touch the ball into exactly the right place.

VERY true on Zidane, never noticed on Lampard but now you mention it...

Did we just mention Zidane btw :)

I feel a Tiote pictorial coming...!

He seems like a very intelligent player. You get some players that can deceive a opponent with the use of the ball, and you get others that can deceive the opposition and make space for themselves just by the way they position themselves. Tioté seems to fall into this category. The number of times he just shifted his body and was able to move into space was very impressive.

i loved the way he smacked one of the city players after de jong busted ben arfa.

Classic Moment (wasn't it Milner he had?)

Anyway,I got to admit, when i see this guy play my pants Tighten. He is sooo confident on the ball and his awareness is superb. A new favourite me thinks.

We've needed someone like him for years.

Absolutely amazed at how well he maintains possession, wins tackles, and plays good/smart passes.

And gotta admit, when he stood over de Jong you know he was standing over him fuming over HBA like all of us.

Absolutely amazed at how well he maintains possession, wins tackles, and plays good/smart passes.

And gotta admit, when he stood over de Jong you know he was standing over him fuming over HBA like all of us.

De Jong dropped his arse with tiote standing over him, who wouldn't, he probably fought lions on his way to training as a bairn!

You should rewatch the game he is standing over De Jong because after Tiote schooled him De Jong grabbing his leg (by kicking out with his own legs) while still on the ground. Another offence that should have seen a card. Probably lessened (in the ref's simple mind) by the fact that Tiote walked right up to him and threatened to slap him in the face with his cock (or so it seemed on the telly anyway...).

VERY true on Zidane, never noticed on Lampard but now you mention it...

Did we just mention Zidane btw :)

I feel a Tiote pictorial coming...!

http://www.truetalkblog.com/truetalk/images/zidane_head_butt_1.jpg

:tiote:

http://www.tusbuscadores.com/notiprensa/fotos/zidane_roja.jpg

De Jong dropped his arse with tiote standing over him, who wouldn't, he probably fought lions on his way to training as a bairn!

:lol: