Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/QicVQ5Z4s32Em1236u3R

Today's masterclass.  44/45 passes.  6/7 tackles. Completely took Fabregas out of his game, frustrated him, and made him look poor in the process.  No one seems to be able to put 2 and 2 together in the national media and in the discussion of this game - they write about how poor Fabregas was and how Arsenal's passing was poor, but don't take it the next step to give Tiote and the rest of our midfield credit for the job they did. 

It may well be best to keep Tiote under wraps as much as possible but his contributions to the success this season are enormous and should be more widely appreciated.

Guest firetotheworks

tbf, the pundits who have watched the match have all said he's been brilliant. Andy Gray even said that he was integral to the way that we play now.

tbf, the pundits who have watched the match have all said he's been brilliant. Andy Gray even said that he was integral to the way that we play now.

Glad to hear that - I haven't seen much televised punditry, just read a few reports, none of which have given more than a cursory mention of Tiote.

Aye, he said he was magnificent iirc.

When did you learn Swedish like? ???

Another thing I liked about his performance today was that some were saying that it would be interesting to see how he would cope against better opposition. Certainly rose to the occasion :snod:

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: I just imagined Andy Gray with Swedish features.

Another thing I liked about his performance today was that some were saying that it would be interesting to see how he would cope against better opposition. Certainly rose to the occasion :snod:

Pivotal in how we managed to stifle the Arsenal pressure by retaining the ball for short periods.

Was looking at his chalkboard and discussing with Pilko that his inclusion in the team (as opposed to Smith) has added 30-45%(ish) more passes to our over all play, with him doubling the number of passes Smith made.  Yeah I know, didn't need chalkboard to tell you that - but there you go.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: I just imagined Andy Gray with Swedish features.

:lol:

At this rate, Tiote's going to have to get in your sig soon :snod:

Wo, wo, wo, wo, wo, wo, wo, wo, wo, wo. Steady on.

If he can keep this form up, he has to be the best value for money signing we've made for a long time.

The good thing is, we could say that about a few of our players at the minute.

So true.

Spirit seems top drawer at the minute too.

If he can keep this form up, he has to be the best value for money signing we've made for a long time.

The good thing is, we could say that about a few of our players at the minute.

Is the number 6 CB Woodgate? Colo is having a look at that. :shifty: