Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

What astonishes me is that people still bang on how 8  out of our side were in the team that went down without really thinking about it.  A we had no real manager that year after KKK left and B 3 of those are Spanish and Argentinian which as they all say themselves, latin players need a year or so to understand the change in game.  Love it though, keep writing us off please, seems to galvanise the lads.

For those watching on the TV, should we have had a penalty when Smith was braking through the middle?

Thought the ref wasnt very good today. Their young defender should have been booked in the second half

A more clear penalty yoi wont see this season. I thought th ref was ok in general. A bit card happy towards a black and white shirt and let villaa off a few times with fouls just as bad as anything a Toon player dished out.

What astonishes me is that people still bang on how 8  out of our side were in the team that went down without really thinking about it.  A we had no real manager that year after KKK left and B 3 of those are Spanish and Argentinian which as they all say themselves, latin players need a year or so to understand the change in game.  Love it though, keep writing us off please, seems to galvanise the lads.

We also binned cunts like owen, Viduka and Martins who were not playing for us.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I've rarely seen a more disastrous defensive performance but you played well enough to take full advantage of it. Huge for the confidence it will give everyone let alone the 3 points.

I really, really hope people aren't getting carried away with today's result. It was fantastic but villa never showed up. I'm pleased we won and all that but there's still another 37 points to get before we're safe. Baby steps. :)

I really, really hope people aren't getting carried away with today's result. It was fantastic but villa never showed up. I'm pleased we won and all that but there's still another 37 points to get before we're safe. Baby steps. :)

Hughton seems sensible enough to make sure the overriding message after the game was to keep their feet on the floor. The result and performance speaks for itself.

And yeah, I'd put your house on Villa beating us next week.

I think 35 points will be ample this season.

Guest Stephen927

Great result, now we have to look to the next game. Yes, Villa were shit defensively but there have been times in the past where we haven't punished teams for their mistakes so it was satisfying.

Guest geordiemuff

harper = weak link,other than that f@$&%$* brillant 6-0,don't wake me,cheers.

:lol:

Dam freakin ryt

Is everyone smashed?