Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest toronto-newcastle

..and to think I had some friends calling me overly optimistic when I predicted a 1-0 win for newcastle!

:celb:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Interviews with Hughton and Barton up on the BBC.

Liked the Barton crack about the Andy Grey articles, why does that man detest us so much?

What Barton say like?

Fantastic result. Enjoyed the craic(again) in level 7. Loved the game.

I thought the referee was absolutely shocking today mind! How many bookings did we get to Villa's one? F***ing joke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8935090.stm

Liked the Barton crack about the Andy Grey articles, why does that man detest us so much?

What Barton say like?

I thought the referee was absolutely shocking today mind! How many bookings did we get to Villa's one? F***ing joke

Great interview. He's suprisingly well spoken too!

What Barton say like?

Great interview. He's suprisingly well spoken too!

sure his accent has changed

Guest malandro

Why do all media ignore Nolan's all round play and to a great extent, detriment to the team and think Nolan scored, he's class.

Because the objective of team play is to put the ball in the net and Nolan is doing than rather a lot. I’m not fan of Nolan’s leadership style and wish he stop doing that stupid mirroring thing at free kicks, but his goals benefit the team immensely and I doubt we’d score more if he was out of the team.

The big question about Nolan is what Hughton will do when the goals dry up, and as yet that has hasn’t happened.

The best thing about today is that everyone had a good game, Harper arguably not but when they don't have a shot on target what can you do.

Deal with back passes, find your own man from goal kicks and not give penalties away?  ???

marvellous result - left about a min before carroll's 2nd and, whilst the win looked nailed on i had no idea we'd go and score 3 more. immensely satisfying that we've humiliated those smug fuckers. chez's post about karma sums it up for me.

and carroll improvement since the new year is astonishing - i couldn't have seen it coming if you'd told me he'd be this good, but his form since january has been top drawer and i hope he can keep it up.

The best thing about today is that everyone had a good game, Harper arguably not but when they don't have a shot on target what can you do.

Deal with back passes, find your own man from goal kicks and not give penalties away?  ???

Yeah but he had no opportunity to do anything positive (in a goalkeeping way). The bad things will always be highlighted if they are the only times you are even involved.

Yeah but he had no opportunity to do anything positive (in a goalkeeping way). The bad things will always be highlighted if they are the only times you are even involved.

Everything he did, he did badly? :lol:

He was the only one of the XI today I didn't have faith in. Needs to up his game or he'll be back on the bench imo.

Everything he did, he did badly? :lol:

Yeah but he barely did anything that's my point! :lol: Every keeper has given a pen away in that situation and he happened to fluff two clearances. Who says he didn't mean the pass to Colo anyway...