Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

What happened to MOTD2... used to be funny. They seem like they're behind on the schedule.

Fits in with the rest of the BBC shite these days. Trying too hard.

Annoys me how they've gone on about Foster this weekend n all, yes the pen save was good but he was badly fault for the Bburn goal.

What happened to MOTD2... used to be funny. They seem like they're behind on the schedule.

It's missing Chiles' relaxed presenting style and whimsical charm. Then to keep it light hearted they crow bar in shitty animated sequences, like the Dad's Army one at the top of today's show, which just look cheap.

And that Iron Maiden sound tracked outro illustrated my point perfectly.

Kevin Nolan as a striker was one billion times better then Kevin Nolan as a midfielder/attacking midfielder btw.

:thup:

Once he's involved in the game he's decent. He's good at linking up with players and can hold the ball up fairly well- and, as with his 'favoured' position in AM he gets into very good positions to score.

Should be his position from now on, but that doesn't mean we should in any way neglect our search for a striker.

Was Nolan officially a 'striker' then? Not to be all Ronaldo but i'm pleased if that was the case, i've been saying it should be for the last fortnight. :iamatwat:

It looked like it. He was in the BBC's version of it anyway. He just looked to be in a different position to where he was on Monday.

The last goal is unbelievable really.

In the very final seconds of the game, we're 5-0 up, Carroll after having worked his arse off for 92 and a half minutes and having just played a fucking beautiful pass, decides to make a 40 yard run just in case he'll get there before the final whistle. Xisco plays a perfect through ball and Carroll is as calm and composed as any top striker in the world when he takes the first touch to set it up for his left and then slots in like he's David Villa.

Fantastic stuff, and what a way to end a perfect return to SJP in the league we belong.

Guest Chris P

Perch had a lush game. Overlapped with routledge all day but never got the little dink pass too release the ball to the front .It will come but the key to victory today was from the full backs.

In the very final seconds of the game, we're 5-0 up, Carroll after having worked his arse off for 92 and a half minutes and having just played a fucking beautiful pass, decides to make a 40 yard run just in case he'll get there before the final whistle. Xisco plays a perfect through ball and Carroll is as calm and composed as any top striker in the world when he takes the first touch to set it up for his left and then slots in like he's David Villa.

Fantastic stuff, and what a way to end a perfect return to SJP in the league we belong.

After the first went in I was waiting for us to sit back and try to cling on. Same for the second and third. When the fourth went in it was clear Hughton had went a bit Keegan in the dressing room.

After the first went in I was waiting for us to sit back and try to cling on. Same for the second and third. When the fourth went in it was clear Hughton had went a bit Keegan in the dressing room.

I was stunned by our first ten minutes in the second half like. I feared Villa would come out all guns blazing and we would start to crumble and they might nick a goal and be back in it, but then it's the complete opposite. Barton was everywhere during that ten minute spell, and we barely even let them out of their own half. By the 55 minute mark I was starting to get confident that we'd win.

I was stunned by our first ten minutes in the second half like. I feared Villa would come out all guns blazing and we would start to crumble and they might nick a goal and be back in it, but then it's the complete opposite. Barton was everywhere during that ten minute spell, and we barely even let them out of their own half. By the 55 minute mark I was starting to get confident that we'd win.

I stopped counting the minutes required to hold on for the win around the 55-60 minute mark :lol:

Was Nolan officially a 'striker' then? Not to be all Ronaldo but i'm pleased if that was the case, i've been saying it should be for the last fortnight. :iamatwat:

It looked like it. He was in the BBC's version of it anyway. He just looked to be in a different position to where he was on Monday.

Had a little look at the Guardian Chalkboards for him from Monday and today. It looks like he covered a similar area, but today was just a lot more involved (which obviously comes with not playing Manchester Utd away and having more of the ball). It's his passes that are marked on.

http://web20.twitpic.com/img/149988278-790f86cb40f2e2d1f0e4b5ea3181098e.4c719de0-full.jpg

In the very final seconds of the game, we're 5-0 up, Carroll after having worked his arse off for 92 and a half minutes and having just played a f***ing beautiful pass, decides to make a 40 yard run just in case he'll get there before the final whistle. Xisco plays a perfect through ball and Carroll is as calm and composed as any top striker in the world when he takes the first touch to set it up for his left and then slots in like he's David Villa.

I stopped counting the minutes required to hold on for the win around the 55-60 minute mark :lol:

Same.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

i honestly thought villa couldn't get any worse 2nd half, so i was expecting a small onslaught 2nd half! we actually got better and they got worse!  shoud of been 8 or 9 in the end!

happy days

I know we've been over it again and again, but 6-fucking-0. That's a hell of a feat. I still can't believe we've demolished a Premier League side in such fashion. It's been a long time coming.

It's also a message to the rest of the league. Don't come here expecting an easy 3 points. We need to make SJP a fortress once again.