Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

• 5 years later...

I'll always remember Joey Barton's goal. After the game, it felt like we were a club reborn.

Joey may have been a complete arse at times, but the ability was there.

One of only two goals he got for us not from the penalty spot. Took Jack fucking Colback a few months to better that. Barton's so overrated among our lot, like.

Guest neesy111

I'll always remember Joey Barton's goal. After the game, it felt like we were a club reborn.

One of only two goals he got for us not from the penalty spot. Took Jack fucking Colback a few months to better that. Barton's so overrated among our lot, like.

Aye, I remember hardly any good performances from him.

The match was a great occasion. The spirit around the club has been bad ever since Sir Bob's 3rd place season, with lots of aggravation and bickering around the owners, players, managers and fans. Sunday felt like we were a club reborn, and it was strangely fitting that Barton, our wayward son, started it all off with that great strike.

I'm a hopeless romantic, but I'm looking forward to the future now.

That last sentence :lol:

Guest palnese

Aye. He put in a few decent balls to Carroll in the first half of the season. That's it.

Overall he was just another waste of time and money.