Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Anyone know what time MOTD2 gets on to iPlayer?

You not seen the goals mush?

Aye aye, just missed MOTD on Saturday and didn't see the Midge Ure game

Apparently they put it on the Tuesday after broadcast this season... search me why it's that specific day.

Guest firetotheworks

The commentary is fine on there I think. Waddle is pretty fair imo.

Some of the lines they use set up the goals perfectly though.

'The way Newcastle have their defence set up, they might need to get 3 or 4'.......Carroll scores the third.

'Newcastle have been dominated possession, I don't think it's a 4-0 mind...'........Nolan makes it 5-0.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

anyone mentioned alan smith not just sitting in front of the centre halves and actually making a good contribution to the game creativly.

:thup:

One of the best games he's played for us.

Hughton 8 - I disagreed with his line up, but i was clearly wrong.

Harper- 5- Unusually poor. Made a few mistakes and the penalty was a clanger.

Perch- 7- Have been a critic, but credit where credits due he played well. Lets hope it continues.

Williamson- 8 - Really good game had carew his pocket.

Coloccini-7  Good game as usual

Enrique- 9- Fantastic again. Solid at the back and caused big problems with his surging runs.

Routledge- 7- Poor crossing at times but his pace was a constant thorn in Villas side.

Smith- 7- Not usually a fan but he was effective.

Barton- 9- Screamer of an all important opening goal and a passionate display. Great game. Unlucky not to be MOM really.

Jonas- 7- Came alive more in the second half and caused them big problems, defended and linked up well too.

Nolan- 8- Crucially lacks pace for someone playing in the role he does behind Carroll, two goals however, positionally brilliant, intelligent runs and full of effort

Carroll- 10- Awesome - Scored three and involved in two or three of the others. Very happy he silenced his critics for now. Fantastic start.

Waddle spent ages saying how shit Routledge was and yet failed to spot that Enrique took the piss out of that Albrighton lad who looked about ten times worse as a result. The man is a fucking idiot.

Best performance by a Newcastle team I've seen a long time. Even Smith played well, back four were solid with Enrique f***ing magic yet again. Midfield dominated their's and Carroll just spaffed all over their back four, great start to the season considering as we all knew the Man U game would be for nought.