Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

You would think that Waddle (on ESPN), having played for us would be at least sympathetic to the cause, not a bit of it. He slagged off Routledge most of all, praised Villa to the skies (before they completely collapsed) and unbelievingly when we were 2 up he said, "well I know Newcastle are leading 2-0 but to me Villa are the winners so far." This must count as the most utterly ridiculous statement ever made in a commentary surely.  :dowie:

That's nowt compared to the shite on Talksport: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70964.msg2471899.html#msg2471899

Still can't believe this result.

It's one of those results we have when I read in the region of 25-30 match reports online wherever I can!

I'm heading to Leeds festival on Friday but just can't get myself excited for it because of this.

I upset the missus yesterday afternoon when I said "I can't remember the last time I was this happy"  :undecided:

It's one of those results we have when I read in the region of 25-30 match reports online wherever I can!

I'm heading to Leeds festival on Friday but just can't get myself excited for it because of this.

I upset the missus yesterday afternoon when I said "I can't remember the last time I was this happy"  :undecided:

:mackems:

Guest firetotheworks

Hahaha. :lol: Classic.

I did manage to persuade her that when Newcastle win it's "a different kind of happiness". she seemed pretty reassured after that. Thankfully.

I did manage to presuade her that when Newcastle win it's "a different kind of happiness". she seemed pretty reassured after that. Thankfully.

:lol: What? Real happiness?

Haha, I got questioned on that angle yesterday too. :lol: :lol:

good summary Merlin, are you in Perth?

I watched the game in an Irish bar in Sydney, surrounded by a load of Irish Villa fans (!?)

After the forth one of the lairy ones started shouting that he was going to stab someone in the head :lol:

Cracking game.

Yes, Magpie418, I am in WA, south of Perth, hence the better time zone last night ; you guys had to start watching at 10.30 whereas it was 8.30 for us. Also, we don't have daylight saving here now, so that helps a bit in the Oz summer when we want to watch UK games.

By the sound of it, you didn't have the best company to watch the game with...hope your head is still in one piece..!!

Guest schmuck

Zonal Marking report on the game, prettier reading than the Man United one  :lol:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/08/22/newcastle-6-0-aston-villa-carroll-the-main-man-as-newcastle-run-riot/

And this website does new match related t-shirts every weekend (relying on fan's initial post-match euphoria I suppose), stll this looks pretty swish

http://www.ynsam.com/tee.php?prod=CARROLL903_220810

Guest Geordiesned

That bitch Louise Taylor acting like a cunt again I see. On phone so can't link to story but nufc.com have got it on. She's trying to say that Barton have a Nazi salute after scoring! Utter bollocks.

That bitch Louise Taylor acting like a cunt again I see. On phone so can't link to story but nufc.com have got it on. She's trying to say that Barton have a Nazi salute after scoring! Utter bollocks.

Luckily no credible journalists have actually run with that, so she looks like a dickhead as usual.

Can't believe the Guardian employ her TBH, she's writes such random columns.

Luckily no credible journalists have actually run with that, so she looks like a dickhead as usual.

Can't believe the Guardian employ her TBH, she's writes such random columns.

Was in the Metro this morning as well

Dissapointing turnout only 43k. We can't be having the singing section not sold out so this policy of not being able to buy tickets on the day for it has to change. The club have made some shocking ticketing decisions lately what with the pitiful away allocations and now this.

what's that about?

Taking 1800 tickets for old trafford, taking 1000 for Wolves when we could clearly have sold many more all just so they can save on administration costs if we happen to have any tickets left over. Wankers.

Dissapointing turnout only 43k. We can't be having the singing section not sold out so this policy of not being able to buy tickets on the day for it has to change. The club have made some shocking ticketing decisions lately what with the pitiful away allocations and now this.

what's that about?

Taking 1800 tickets for old trafford, taking 1000 for Wolves when we could clearly have sold many more all just so they can save on administration costs if we happen to have any tickets left over. Wankers.

Is that really the reason? Can't think of any other like, but it seems a bit mental. Surely we always sell the vast majority of our away tickets?

what's that about?

Is that really the reason? Can't think of any other like, but it seems a bit mental. Surely we always sell the vast majority of our away tickets?

We sold out almost every away game last season. It'll be the same this season. The club have to pay for unsold tickets, which is rarely the case anyway.

what's that about?

Aye, at Old Trafford the club didn't buy the full allocation, around 1000 seats that cost 52 pounds (or thereabouts) were not took by the club, resulting in a smaller allocation.

what's that about?

Yep that's the reason the box office gave the lad on the Nufcblog thing who sent them an email. Basically they said they were not confident of selling the full allocation and didn't want to have to fork out for unsold tickets so they took the smaller allocation.

I've never seen a Nazi salute where you put your hand to your tash and wave.

If Barton is right, every story, every put down is pinned up in the dressing room then this bitch is useful to us, she must have fueld our entire promotion campaign last season and already doing it again for our survival.