Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Just saw Joey Barton interview it seems he comes good in his fourth season with us. I am happy for him. I am very surprised the back ground when they do interview doesn't really say anything about NUFC. this club is not fkn sport direct sort it out fkn derrik llambas

Took an Aussie mate of mine to the match. First PL game hes been to etc. And he's going to me, i thought you said Newcastle were shite, that Carroll, hes awesome ey.

Hes also in love with Collocini (he has curly hair too) and now hes going home with a toon top with his name on the back, class  :lol:

Took an Aussie mate of mine to the match. First PL game hes been to etc. And he's going to me, i thought you said Newcastle were shite, that Carroll, hes awesome ey.

Hes also in love with Collocini (he has curly hair too) and now hes going home with a toon top with his name on the back, class  :lol:

Craig Hope told me to tell you that's aus-some.

Can't stand Waddle, such a miserable c***!

Its a strange business with Waddle - he was a major part of the promotion side of 84 and we took him out of non-league football. HE wanted to go to Spurs and yet he seems to be negative about NUFC at every opportunity he gets.

I reckon he's just an ungrateful Mackem at heart(he was always a S'Land fan as a boy despite being from

Gateshead).

Most famous moment was that awful record he made with Hoddle....oh, and missing a vital pen in the shoot-out with the Germans in 1990. Almost as infamous as Southgate who did the same 6 years later..

Forget him, he's not worth it. Although Supermac was a Londoner, he cares more about NUFC than Waddle.

Can't stand Waddle, such a miserable c***!

Its a strange business with Waddle - he was a major part of the promotion side of 84 and we took him out of non-league football. HE wanted to go to Spurs and yet he seems to be negative about NUFC at every opportunity he gets.

I reckon he's just an ungrateful Mackem at heart(he was always a S'Land fan as a boy despite being from

Gateshead).

Most famous moment was that awful record he made with Hoddle....oh, and missing a vital pel in the shoot-out with the Germans in 1990. Almost as infamous as Southgate who did the same 6 years later..

Forget him, he's not worth it. Although Supermac was a Londoner, he cares more about NUFC than Waddle.

fixed.

Bit of a boyhood hero for me. It was the judas chants when he returned that made him anti us I think. hes a right cnut now like.

Guest firetotheworks

Mildly interesting point. That's the second season in a row that our opening home game has produced a hat-trick from a local player.

Guest firetotheworks

Newcastle United marked the return of Premier League football to St James's Park

:kinnear:

To be fair, no-one really has a clue if the extra S should be there or not

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7426717.stm

If the word naturally ends in an S...you just have apostrophe with no following S. The club have it correctly written at the ground.

Not sure why all the supposed champions of grammar struggle with it (BBC & Papers).

American influence, maybe.

Wiki:

A professor of applied linguistics of Newcastle University stated that if a second 's' was added to the name, it has to ultimately be pronounced in speech.[34]  The BBC went on to state that according to the Apostrophe Protection Society, if the ground is named as the "Park of St James", the name of the ground is correctly written as St James's Park, with the second 's' pronounced.

Commenting on the written form on Radio Newcastle a week after the BBC story, a different senior lecturer in applied linguistics also of Newcastle University stated that if the name is to denote "the park of St James", the written form should feature an apostrophe, but the use of an additional 's' after it is optional and both are correct.

Ugh, not worth my time. Sacking off this project.

Newcastle United marked the return of Premier League football to St James's Park

:kinnear:

To be fair, no-one really has a clue if the extra S should be there or not

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7426717.stm

If the word naturally ends in an S...you just have apostrophe with no following S. The club have it correctly written at the ground.

Not sure why all the supposed champions of grammar struggle with it (BBC & Papers).

Because, as with many things in the English language, it's not as cut and dried as you'd like to believe - even if we weren't talking about a proper noun which doesn't have to necessarily follow standard conventions anyway.

St James's Park in London is officially named with an extra S, and official records of places around the area of the ground which the ground may have been named after are written the same way.

finally found some wlan to post sth again...

so happy i've choosen that match to be at sjp. my 2nd match there, 2nd win and the 2nd time that the opposition team misses a pen.  :)

will be back @home tonight with some proper internet again.

finally found some wlan to post sth again...

so happy i've choosen that match to be at sjp. my 2nd match there, 2nd win and the 2nd time that the opposition team misses a pen.  :)

will be back @home tonight with some proper internet again.

Quite the match to come over for! I assume it was a worthwhile trip