Accrington Stanley v Newcastle United - Kadar'snt injured btw.

Ishmael

Stanley haven't conceded and are unbeaten this season so I imagine they'll be going in full of confidence. Tbh their manager does a superb job considering he sold their two best players last season and they are woefully supported compared to some in that division.

Play Krul, Tav, R Taylor, Xisco, Shola, Lovenkrands & Guthrie (if fit), I'd have Sol in there as well, I don't see how he can get match fitness without playing matches, 45 mins to an hour here surely won't do him any harm. I'd probably look to play Vuckic and Kazenga as well, maybe Ranger if there's room - it's odd that we have such a top heavy squad, so many strikers available but so few defenders.

We shouldnt play the likes of Enrique, Carroll or Barton. Not worth risking them if they get injured. We should play Smith up front or something, this goal drought of his has gone on long enough.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I hope we don't play Enrique, he's too valuable to risk.

Yes.

Let's see RTaylor, Sol, Kadar, Tavernier but not Enrique

Sol is nowhere near fitness. He won't be back in contention until Blackpool (11th September) and even then he will probably only make the bench

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Give Raylor, Xisco, Ameobi and Tavernier some game time, start Vuckic as well. We need to save Jose, Barton and Carroll for Wolves.

Edit- If Guthrie's back available, give him a game too- Some match practice could be useful for him.

Why would you play Smith? Surely someone like Inman should get the nod.

I'd like to go through, can't just rely fully on the kids. Smith can play this one and then be dropped for the weekend after Tiote comes in. How many mins have you seen Inman play?

Krul

RTaylor  Perch  Williamson  Tavernier

LuaLua  Guthrie*  Vuckic  Xisco

Shola  Loven*

*fitness depending

It's a potential banana skin where form goes out the window. Tbh it's their cup final. On paper we're the better side but there are no easy games in football. 

Hard-fought 2-1 win ;)

We definitely need to play some fringe players, but i'd be so tempted to keep Carroll in the side. If he can notch another couple of goals here, i think he's mature enough now - to not let it go to his head. Hughton will keep his feet on the ground too. If he bags another goal or two his confidence is just going to absolutely sky-rocket.

Krul

Tavernier  Campbell? Williamson  Kadar

RTaylor  Smith  Vuckic  Xisco

Ameobi  Carroll

Something like that would be interesting to see. Would love to see Vuckic and Xisco get a start.

It's a potential banana skin where form goes out the window. Tbh it's their cup final. On paper we're the better side but there are no easy games in football. 

Hard-fought 2-1 win ;)

Are you John Motson?  ???