Glazers and Man U in serious financial straits.

Parky

Also, would Fifa allow a gov to be involved ?

A few local and regional governments have been bailing out Spanish teams for quite a while. Racing Santander was even owned by the regional government for some time, for example. The cunts of Espanyol got credits from the public regional bank...

A few local and regional governments have been bailing out Spanish teams for quite a while. Racing Santander was even owned by the regional government for some time, for example.

So its not uncommon what i'm saying. I do believe Spain are in as much shit financially as the UK no?

A few local and regional governments have been bailing out Spanish teams for quite a while. Racing Santander was even owned by the regional government for some time, for example.

So its not uncommon what i'm saying. I do believe Spain are in as much s*** financially as the UK no?

Yes.

If Man Utd were to fall into serious financial difficulty there would be no need for the government to step in, the banks would do so instead since it is their money that's at risk - not the tax payer's.

over the years the really big successful teams have dropped off I always thought it would be fergerson retiring that would put them up shits creak but being financially crippled may topple them over sooner still

Quite simply if Man Utd got bailed out, then this coalition government would never ever got voted in again.

They never will anyway. Tories by themselves aye, no chance of Ldems getting anywhere near the amount of votes next election. They sold out on about 80% of their basic principles.

Guest Slarth

If Man Ure goes tits up won't the so called 'Red Knights' pick 'em up on the cheap, I mean didn't they offer £1bn at one point?

Guest optimistic nit

Quite simply if Man Utd got bailed out, then this coalition government would never ever got voted in again.

They never will anyway. Tories by themselves aye, no chance of Ldems getting anywhere near the amount of votes next election. They sold out on about 80% of their basic principles.

what are the 20% they've kept like? :razz:

AIG were the main sponsors until they went tits up and were bailed out by the US Government with tax payers money. Then again we benefited in the same way with Northern Rock, so at least some of the taxes you pay went to a good cause. I'm personally excused Taxes.

The Tampa Bay Bucs (owned by the Glazers) are really struggling to sell out there games this season, they've had a few poor seasons in a row, since winning the superbowl, and had top 5 draft picks in both of the last two years, which means big salaries. I could see them selling up or moving to LA, but I'm sure that's putting a strain on the Glazer's cash flow.

WAHEY!

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/sh/Scotch_IrishWhisky-005-de1.jpg

• 2 months later...

I dunno if i'm missing a joke but i just read this tweet

"Manchester United sold? Apparently Japanse company Epson, well known for manufacturing printers has bought the club off the Glazers!"

"Manchester United sold? Apparently Japanse company Epson, well known for manufacturing printers has bought the club off the Glazers!"

Apparantly Epson have become one of their platinum sponsors, they've not actually bought them.

Apparantly Epson have become one of their platinum sponsors, they've not actually bought them.

Probably see them as a licence to print money :coat: