Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Had a decent game today, better than Willo's been playing in recent weeks. I'd still rather bring in a new CB in the summer to play alongside Colo, but I don't think that'll happen.

WTF....Pardew said in a BBC post match interview today that Taylor is a future England centre half :facepalm:

Hasn't he realized how bad Taylor really is by now? And still he kept picking Williamson ahead of Taylor when he was fit.

If you're talking about the one that's now on the BBC website, no he didn't. He said that he was aggressive today in the same way he was in the past when he was talked of as an England centre half.

I hope he didn't celebrate too much or Tooj will no doubt have a problem him.

Pardew's saved me a job. ;)

I missed the match today as I was at the Civic, so I haven't seen his performance, although judging by the comments on here he had a really good, solid game.

It's now his chance to shine so to speak, and he has to take it.

thanks to MOTD he's probably going to be banned for the rest of the season.

For what?

the usual rule of "if a player gets highlighted for any possible infringment on MOTD  he'll be suspended for three games lest he play for  man utd,arsenal,chelsea or liverpool"

For what?

the usual rule of "if a player gets highlighted for any possible infringment on MOTD  he'll be suspended for three games lest he play for  man utd,arsenal,chelsea or liverpool"

Ah right, outstanding

Not really worthy of a red anyway.

He led with his arm but he kept his eyes on the ball throughout, won the header and showed no intent to hurt Jerome.

Guest Roger Kint

For what?

Ah right, outstanding

Its called a Barton

The defence was anything but solid today, I'll let him off seeing it was Colo who was the poorer of the two.

What I don't understand is why Colo was marking Jerome who was their big guy, and this in fact led to the goal. Surely Taylor should be marking the main target man and Colo playing as the sweeper?

The defence was anything but solid today, I'll let him off seeing it was Colo who was the poorer of the two.

What I don't understand is why Colo was marking Jerome who was their big guy, and this in fact led to the goal. Surely Taylor should be marking the main target man and Colo playing as the sweeper?

at certain times taylor had him, at others colo.........do you think there were set plans of "YOU" mark him ?

at certain times taylor had him, at others colo.........do you think there were set plans of "YOU" mark him ?

When there's only one big striker you'd like to think the big defender would be on him.

It's worth noting that this good performance came against one of the shittest, least dangerous offensive outfits in the division that spent over half of the game with 10 men.

still a good performance