Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So is ~£45k your absolute limit now? Do you have players on wages above that, i.e. is it only for new players coming in/new contracts for players already there?

We have players on wages higher than that, but all new players and new contracts will be 45K max (if you believe every report). I'd imagine, however, that if Colo or another high earner was to sign a new contract, he would get the same wage as he currently does. 

I thought the press said it was 25k, 30k and 35k a week (depending on where you read it).  I never believed any of it, we'll be going on a yearly wage limit for the entire club and will offer players the wage we think they're worth within that budget IMO.

He wanted 60 k a week   :lol:

He wont get that anywhere else.

More fool him tbh, only an utter bellend would turn down 40 k a week.

Guess he thinks he might as a free transfer. Transfer listing him now just puts the pressure on him to sort out his future sooner than next summer or be seen as a  wage sitting scummer.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What other Prem club will pay him £60k per week?

do you know that bird in your avatar?

nope, just stole it from a magazine.

Lass from Toon Talk isn't it? Had a quick look at that today in Sainsbury's.

West Ham would be a fairly good shout, they seem to have a bit of cash floating about and a shocking defence.

I don't think £60k is ridiculous considering Smith and Colo's wages in comparison, it's just he's got to understand things at the club have clearly changed and we're can't afford to match those kind of demands. I'd be sorry to see him go, but if the money can be reinvested then it's not the end of the world. I don't want to throw out those 'if he loved the club blah blah blah' kind of things, if he leaves good luck to him elsewhere, he served us well and certainly helped steady nerves in the first half of the season in the Championship.

Thats no way to conduct the clubs control on salaries.

I'm sure once Barton, Smith Colo and whoever else comes to the end of their contracts they will be offered less then what they are on now.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He may get 60k a week at another club if he runs his contract out and leaves on a bosman tbh.

The only clubs that would pay that type of money are

Arsenal

Man Utd

Chelsea

Man City

Liverpool

Maybe West Ham

Maybe Spurs

Man u - No chance, plenty of back up

Liverpool - Maybe

Chelsea - Maybe, havnt replaced Carvalho

West Ham would be a fairly good shout, they seem to have a bit of cash floating about and a shocking defence.

I don't think £60k is ridiculous considering Smith and Colo's wages in comparison, it's just he's got to understand things at the club have clearly changed and we're can't afford to match those kind of demands. I'd be sorry to see him go, but if the money can be reinvested then it's not the end of the world. I don't want to throw out those 'if he loved the club blah blah blah' kind of things, if he leaves good luck to him elsewhere, he served us well and certainly helped steady nerves in the first half of the season in the Championship.

I'm sure once Barton, Smith Colo and whoever else comes to the end of their contracts they will be offered less then what they are on now.

Yeah absolutely, as I said Taylor has to understand things have changed at the club and we just can't afford those kinds of wages. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the 'big earners' as their deals wind down, whether we'll sell them 12-18 months before the end of whether they'll come down. Can't really see Colo, no matter how much he enjoys playing at the club, halving his wages.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If we offered £40,000 a week then that's fucking barmy, if he wanted £60,000 a week then we're dead right to get rid of the greedy pigeon-chested cunt.

Is there anyone in our squad who isn't pigeon chested?  :lol:

He may get 60k a week at another club if he runs his contract out and leaves on a bosman tbh.

The only clubs that would pay that type of money are

Arsenal

Man Utd

Chelsea

Man City

Liverpool

Maybe West Ham

Maybe Spurs

Man u - No chance, plenty of back up

Liverpool - Maybe

Chelsea - Maybe, havnt replaced Carvalho

They would never put him on 60k a week tho.

If we offered £40,000 a week then that's fucking barmy, if he wanted £60,000 a week then we're dead right to get rid of the greedy pigeon-chested cunt.

Taylor seems to inflate his by blowing through a hole in his thumb.

He's taking a big risk TBH, he's not a youngster any more and he's not guaranteed to regain his fitness or his form.

Interesting to see where I ends up, if I back tracks and signs then I won't begrudge him 40k though, he's been a decent servant.

Guest Roger Kint

He wont ask for or get £60k anywhere. This looks like him wanting out without making it looking like he does. The easiest way is force the clubs hand, that would tie in with the releae of the figures too as the club tries to shift blame.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Taylor seems to inflate his by blowing through a hole in his thumb.

Like Popeye!

Taylor has become quite injury prone. He can also no longer command a first team place due to the performances of Williamson and Coloccini who are both better defenders. We also have Sol Campbell. The likes of Mancienne/Boyata are also available and are more suited to a developmental/backup position and will have lower wage demands. Good decision to let him leave now.

He wont ask for or get £60k anywhere. This looks like him wanting out without making it looking like he does. The easiest way is force the clubs hand, that would tie in with the releae of the figures too as the club tries to shift blame.

But surely the club would be right to shift blame onto him, because he would be to blame, no?

Yeah absolutely, as I said Taylor has to understand things have changed at the club and we just can't afford those kinds of wages. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the 'big earners' as their deals wind down, whether we'll sell them 12-18 months before the end of whether they'll come down. Can't really see Colo, no matter how much he enjoys playing at the club, halving his wages.

What's important is keeping the overall wage bill to a manageable level and 60k a week can certainly fit into that bill for a limit number of the right quality of players, Taylor just isn't that quality.  Coloccini wouldn't need to halve his wages, though IF he is really on £75k a week I would expect us to try to lower that a bit or sell him on.

Guest Roger Kint

But surely the club would be right to shift blame onto him, because he would be to blame, no?

Yes thats my point, no? The natural reaction of fans is to blame the fat bastard for everthing, by doing this(if its all true) any chance of blame is lifted from them back to Taylor.