Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's our best center back by miles..problem is its pretty stupid to ask for that amount of money when you've been injured throughout last season and didn't play anything in this one.

How do you watch a game of football and conclude that Steven Taylor is our best defender by a mile? I seriously don't get that at all. If anything, he should be played at right back, which won't happen.

Williamson, Coloccini and Campbell are all central defenders I would put in the team ahead of Taylor, and therefore what is the point in signing him up to a new deal? Sell.

He's taking a big risk TBH, he's not a youngster any more and he's not guaranteed to regain his fitness or his form.

Interesting to see where I ends up, if I back tracks and signs then I won't begrudge him 40k though, he's been a decent servant.

Aha! Your defence of him suddenly makes sense. O0

Realised he has f*** all chance of getting a first team spot ahead of willo and colo on the form they are on.

Disapointed tbh, but not bothered if we get decent money for him that we can use elsewhere.

Still think he will sign tbh.

Mm.. Colo has had one good game, his other match he was poor.  So how is that good current form? 

Agree with Willo, he has been very impressive.

If this has been released from the club Taylor could well call their bluff and sit it out. I'm sure he can cope on whatever he earns now and get a big payday at the end of the season.

Harry will tap him up offer him the £60k as long as he stays with us until the end of the season and they get him for nowt

Bassong + Taylor partnership?

Bassong isn't even in the Spurs first team, never mind Taylor.

shame to see a player who has always been with the club demand such outrages wages when he hardly played the last year or so...

it will be a big lose for us....he is a good player when fit + plus i cant see us replace him this window which will leave us short in defence...why is this happening so late in the window?

Harry will tap him up offer him the £60k as long as he stays with us until the end of the season and they get him for nowt

Bassong + Taylor partnership?

Bassong isn't even in the Spurs first team, never mind Taylor.

Made 38 appearances last season.

Paying players wages that just aren't justified is what is sending a lot of clubs down the shitter, too right Newcastle for doing this. It'll be a win-win situation, he'll either lower his wage demands or you'll get a fee and maybe a replacement, although a replacement doesn't look 'needed' at the moment.

Surely he wouldn't sit out a whole year of his career? I fucking hope not.

He has done though injury, he seems to be the kind of prick that would do that mind, childish enough but then again Ashley & Lambias are just as childish too.

Realised he has f*** all chance of getting a first team spot ahead of willo and colo on the form they are on.

Disapointed tbh, but not bothered if we get decent money for him that we can use elsewhere.

Still think he will sign tbh.

Mm.. Colo has had one good game, his other match he was poor.  So how is that good current form? 

Agree with Willo, he has been very impressive.

Why do you keep bringing up Colo? Do you want to give Taylor 60k because we are over-paying Colo?

He's our best center back by miles

:facepalm:

People have forgotten just how piss poor Colo was when we got relegated, at one point Taylor was the only player who was giving us a fighting chance against going down, Willo has been decent indeed but he's not by any means proved in the EPL, just because we've beaten Villa 6-0 dosn't mean their going to keep doing this all season, Sol Campbell is 35 and i still not match fit, so i'd pretty much rather have our one proven premier league center back than any of those 3.

£60k is far too much, if it's true.  Someone will no doubt pay him what he wants though, that's the problem.

That said, he should have been on the transfer list at the start of the summer when fit, not less than a week before the transfer deadline with a fucked shoulder.  Massive fuck up by the club (& not for the first time)

Be surprised if we manage to sell him (a) before next week or even (b) in January.

Surely he wouldn't sit out a whole year of his career? I fucking hope not.

Doesn't have to waste a year of his career, just do a Shola and don't agree to any moves. Not hard, will probably be still involved in the first team picture here if he does. If he did he's out until (insert date here) anyway. His reputation isn't going to diminish that much over the course of 3/4s of a season and more clubs will be open to signing him if there is no fee required.

He's our best center back by miles

:facepalm:

People have forgotten just how piss poor Colo was when we got relegated, at one point Taylor was the only player who was giving us a fighting chance against going down, Willo has been decent indeed but he's not by any means proved in the EPL, just because we've beaten Villa 6-0 dosn't mean their going to keep doing this all season, Sol Campbell is 35 and i still not match fit, so i'd pretty much rather have our one proven premier league center back than any of those 3.

Taylor isn't exactly rock solid at centre back either, is he.