Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He seems so much more intelligent all of a sudden.

That's been the main difference for me. Aye he's always going to be a bit daft personality wise but he no longer seems to get those rushes of blood during matches.

He's been pretty consistent since relegation whenever he's had an injury-free spell. It's not a particularly recent transformation.

That's been the main difference for me. Aye he's always going to be a bit daft personality wise but he no longer seems to get those rushes of blood during matches.

You can only attribute that to playing alongside Coloccini for the past few years. He never had the partner to learn off when he was a kid because he was partnered with shite like Bramble, Boumsong, Moore and Ramage.

It's like his mind's slowed down. He's making better decisions all over the place at the moment. Even in his good spell last year I don't think he was this good.

Years ago I remember watching Taylor at the England U-21 Euro Championships. He near enough lost both arms in the second half and broke both legs.

He still went on to play through extra time and then scored a penalty in the shootout and was immense throughout.

Legend.

(when fit)  ;)

It's like his mind's slowed down. He's making better decisions all over the place at the moment. Even in his good spell last year I don't think he was this good.

He's maturing... In his own mad special way...

Man of the match by a country mile tonight world class performance !  Hopefully silenced a few of his critics on here that seem to love anyone with a foriegn name.

:lol: anglophobe cunts!

He's maturing... In his own mad special way...

He is maturing, but in the last few years he's had a steady stable partner to learn from and lean on, while the club has been more settled in terms of coaches and managers. All this adds up. Said several years ago had he come through somewhere else like Manu or arsenal he'd by light years ahead of where he is now, even with injuries.

Guest TCD23

Great player and great guy as well. After match he went round the whole pitch clapping all the supporters before shaking the hands of a few folks in wheelchairs and the like. Great guy!