Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Shawcross is a good defender also, tbh. No idea why he gets so much shit on here, other than playing for Stoke.

:thup:

They're actually very similar players, in terms of style. Shawcross was a headache for us yesterday.

Shawcross is a good defender also, tbh. No idea why he gets so much s*** on here, other than playing for Stoke.

He's good at defending his 6 yard box but that's it, basically a younger version of Samba or Nelsen who are also extremely limited and overrated.

He should not be anywhere near international level or Europa league level for that matter as was shown by how Ibra f*cked him up.

Shawcross is a good defender also, tbh. No idea why he gets so much s*** on here, other than playing for Stoke.

He's good at defending his 6 yard box but that's it, basically a younger version of Samba or Nelsen who are also extremely limited and overrated.

He should not be anywhere near international level or Europa league level for that matter as was shown by how Ibra f*cked him up.

Load of rubbish, tbh. If Samba, Nelson and Shawcross had been NUFC players over the last few years we'd all be laughing.

I quite like Shawcross, he should get his agent to find him a club that plays better football.

If that ever happens he will be found out for the average clogger he is, there's a reason Man Yoo let him go.

To play at international level you need to be able to do more to defend deep and protect the 6 yard box.

I'm not surprised he's rated though, big tall strong defenders who struggle to do anything other than clear the ball from said 6 yard box tend to be rated quite highly in this country for some reason.

Load of rubbish, tbh. If Samba, Nelson and Shawcross had been NUFC players over the last few years we'd all be laughing.

There's a reason none of those players played for a top club in their careers and in Shawcross case never will they are average mid table defenders, nothing more nothing less.

I quite like Shawcross, he should get his agent to find him a club that plays better football.

He's not capable of playing better football IMO, he looks good because he plays for a team that is only interested in 0-0 draws.

He had a lovely moment yesterday where he got the ball edge of the box from our corner, ran forward a little bit, ran out of ideas and then booted it forward to the no-one that was making a result.

He's suited to Stoke but would struggle to make the step up to anything else.

If that ever happens he will be found out for the average clogger he is, there's a reason Man Yoo let him go.

To play at international level you need to be able to do more to defend deep and protect the 6 yard box.

I'm not surprised he's rated though, big tall strong defenders who struggle to do anything other than clear the ball from said 6 yard box tend to be rated quite highly in this country for some reason.

There's something in your last sentence, I agree with that. But I also think there's a place for athletic defenders who keep things simple. Everyone doesn't have to be Coloccini, as great as he is.

Taylor is basically a Newcastle fan playing for Newcastle United. I'd like to think if that was any of us we would be pumped up before kick-off, run around like a mad man when we score, do anything to put the opposition off and generally play with character. Fucking hell when we play 5-a-side and the opposition are through on goal I shout "RAAAAAAAAR" to try and put them off. He's a supporter playing for his club. I personally fucking love it, love how he plays, some of the things he does etc. He's also a canny lad by all accounts these days after being a bit of a nob when he first broke through. Mainly though his game and performances have improved. He's not so much a liability these days and can actually defend and defend well, against all kinds of forwards and dangers.

complete cunts trick this like, not sporting at all.

Guest Howaythetoon

Taylor is basically a Newcastle fan playing for Newcastle United. I'd like to think if that was any of us we would be pumped up before kick-off, run around like a mad man when we score, do anything to put the opposition off and generally play with character. f***ing hell when we play 5-a-side and the opposition are through on goal I shout "RAAAAAAAAR" to try and put them off. He's a supporter playing for his club. I personally f***ing love it, love how he plays, some of the things he does etc. He's also a canny lad by all accounts these days after being a bit of a nob when he first broke through. Mainly though his game and performances have improved. He's not so much a liability these days and can actually defend and defend well, against all kinds of forwards and dangers.

complete c***s trick this like, not sporting at all.

Who gives a fuck, only one pisses and moans, the rest laugh it off. My nickname at footy is Raaaa :D

If someone did it to me I wouldn't be bothered, if anything it would make me more determined.

There's something in your last sentence, I agree with that. But I also think there's a place for athletic defenders who keep things simple. Everyone doesn't have to be Coloccini, as great as he is.

Not saying that tbf, athletic defenders are fine but defenders who just sit deep and hoof all day long and incapable of doing anything else are not good enough for European and international level and for teams that are expected to win games.

Shawcross played for us against Sweden and was the reason we lost and Ibra scored the majority of those goals, Shawcross is the reason we won yesterday.

He's good for Stoke because of how they play but not much further as he would have to do too much and look well out of place.

Everyone used to hype Samba but don't you think there is a reason basically every top club passed on him?

Taylor is basically a Newcastle fan playing for Newcastle United. I'd like to think if that was any of us we would be pumped up before kick-off, run around like a mad man when we score, do anything to put the opposition off and generally play with character. Fucking hell when we play 5-a-side and the opposition are through on goal I shout "RAAAAAAAAR" to try and put them off. He's a supporter playing for his club. I personally fucking love it, love how he plays, some of the things he does etc. He's also a canny lad by all accounts these days after being a bit of a nob when he first broke through. Mainly though his game and performances have improved. He's not so much a liability these days and can actually defend and defend well, against all kinds of forwards and dangers.

complete cunts trick this like, not sporting at all.

How so? If he can't score on a through simply because someone is cawing like a dinosaur, well... :lol:

Guest icemanblue

You just don't do it. As the good doctor says, it's not sporting in the slightest. In any kind of a competitive game, you'd be getting a smack.

Guest icemanblue

I'd be going in over the top in the next challenge if someone was 'raaing' at me during a match like.

Exactly. Dr V had it right the first time, it's a cunt's trick. :lol:

I'm sure in an interview while he was playing, Schmeichel said if anyone was through one on one with him he'd scream at the top of his lungs as they were about to hit the ball while making himself as big as possible.