Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't think its possible we will buy another CB of MYM quality to replace Colo but if we bought a CB of Saylor quality but more reliable fitness wise would people be happy with that?

Without doubt.

On NUFCTV Cabaye is asked about Tayls putting the keeper off on the freekick,, he was not asked to do it but Cabaye was laughing had one of those huge grins that makes it hard to speak.

:kik:

That whole putting off the goalkeeper routine is something he learned from Nolan. I think he picked up quite a lot of little tricks off Big Kev. Another is hugging your team mate while waiting for a corner so that a defender can't pick you up.

So when's Englands next game? And who are the current centre halves available?

San Marino a week on Fri and then Montenegro the tuesday after. Would like to think San Marino would be perfect to give him a chance

Don't think its possible we will buy another CB of MYM quality to replace Colo but if we bought a CB of Saylor quality but more reliable fitness wise would people be happy with that?

I'm fairly sure MYM is Colo's replacement so wouldn't really expect us to tbh. However, I'm fully expecting (hoping?) for another cb to challenge Taylor for a first team spot as we're all aware of Taylors fitness record. I'm hoping Mbiwa will be the rock who's there every game :smug:

Thought this was pretty much everyones view anyway to be honest :lol:

Taylor has always done very well against the bigger strikers, he used to have his game of the season when given the chance to battle off with Drogba. Now if only he could get some injury luck.

Taylor has always done very well against the bigger strikers, he used to have his game of the season when given the chance to battle off with Drogba. Now if only he could get some injury luck.

Drogba's scoring record against us suggests otherwise, but he did have a couple of good games against him.

Nice to see him constantly encouraging MYM as well. I know Mapou looks like he's got more self belief than Ben Arfa ( :lol: ) but it's still a positive.

Mapou is just ridiculous. Didn't expect to see a CB that is even more arrogant with the ball than Colo in decades. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Taylor is basically a Newcastle fan playing for Newcastle United. I'd like to think if that was any of us we would be pumped up before kick-off, run around like a mad man when we score, do anything to put the opposition off and generally play with character. Fucking hell when we play 5-a-side and the opposition are through on goal I shout "RAAAAAAAAR" to try and put them off. He's a supporter playing for his club. I personally fucking love it, love how he plays, some of the things he does etc. He's also a canny lad by all accounts these days after being a bit of a nob when he first broke through. Mainly though his game and performances have improved. He's not so much a liability these days and can actually defend and defend well, against all kinds of forwards and dangers.

Guest Dontooner

Much better player now than 5 years ago, thought he was a clown back then. Colo probably taught him a couple of things, his game is much calmer now.

He can be such a rock of a player at times. As soon as he get's a few run of games in he starts playing really well.  I've always been a massive fan of his and love seeing him fulfill some of that potential he has.

Regarding his general mental ways, I love them all. I'd be over the moon if he received a call-up and a cap for England.  He rightfully deserves it too.