Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest neesy111

He was on close to 50k on his current contract (pardew's 1st move as being manager was to get him on a new contract), no doubt we've offered close to 10k with his injury record.

I can't believe he actually rejected us  :lol: :lol: that is absolutely hilarious. What a complete and utter oxygen thief. But I agree, he probably could have done okay for us down there. Let's just hope we can keep Mbemba.

Hope his offer from abroad is in Iraq

Squandered potential. I had reasonably high hopes for him many years ago but he never really improved. Whether that was because of his terrible injury record or through being a massive fanny, I don't know. A one-year deal wouldn't have been a terrible shout as he was half-decent in the Championship last time, but he'd probably only be fit for 10-15 games anyway. Probably best just to put him in the fucking bin and get on with it.

He wouldn't have done a job for us though, he would be injured for the majority of the season. We actually offered him a deal as well :facepalm:

In Rafa we trust.

I would not be surprised if we did not actually offer him anything but were happy to set up the story that way as a good will gesture and to save him some face. I don't believe for an instant that Rafa wanted him around. The only way there's truth to it in my opinion is if the offer was on the basis of being emergency cover and to help the younger players.

Disagree with the "would have done a job in the Championship" line. Would rather we look longer term and try to build a defence that knows each other and lasts, rather than chopping and changing the heart of the defence in the transfer window on the eve of a Premiership season.

He wouldn't have done a job for us though, he would be injured for the majority of the season. We actually offered him a deal as well :facepalm:

No doubt we offered him a small wage like £5-£10k or a pay as you play, if he'd agreed to that for a year fine as he'd still be worth that in the Championship even with injuries.