Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Must admit that I was never his biggest fan but even I thought he'd find and perform well in a Championship team.

I didn't. I think he's found his level at Doncaster.

Guest neesy111

The Norwich game was probably the most inept defensive performance I've ever seen.

Southampton one was even worse.

We were absolutely pathetic that 1st half.

The Norwich game was probably the most inept defensive performance I've ever seen.

Southampton one was even worse.

Southampton was terrible, was it their first goal when he defended like a 10 year old?

What's Mike Williamson up to these days? Went to Wolves but didn't hear after that. Both him and Taylor will find their level soon enough

Guest neesy111

Bit harsh to say that when they're both in their 30s like. They had their day, which was average Premier League, decent Championship standard players.

Taylor is only 31, a couple of seasons ago he should had been at the prime of his career.

Difficult to decide what used to hurt us more; Taylor's attempts to play out from the back despite having no ability to do so, or Williamson's knack of knocking the ball out of play every time it came near him.

Difficult to decide what used to hurt us more; Taylor's attempts to play out from the back despite having no ability to do so, or Williamson's knack of knocking the ball out of play every time it came near him.

The best Taylor moment for me was Bolton at home before Keegan left. I think it was clear in pre-season that he was instructed to not take risks and if in doubt, knock it out for a throw-in, because there was one fantastic moment where the Bolton left-back played an aimless ball down the line to absolutely no-one...Taylor happily jogged over to get possession near the touchline not far outside our box, with no Bolton players within 20-30 yards...and he randomly just booted the ball out for a throw-in. :lol:

Similar situation to Shola. Two guys who'd been starting for us in the Premier League for years, and within a year of leaving they're in League One and the Turkish Second Division. Ridiculous how long we held on them when it was plainly obvious for years they were no longer good enough.

Guest firetotheworks

Hindsight's definitely cemented the idea that he was the level we stooped to, rather than we (as a Premier League team) were the level his talent warranted.

Willo played 4 games (with one red) and then got let go by Wolves a year or so after the prem with us.

We have a habit of dragging absolute crap along for the ride who get found out as soon as they're let go.

Plenty of candidates for the next one of them in our current squad too.

Willo played 4 games (with one red) and then got let go by Wolves a year or so after the prem with us.

We have a habit of dragging absolute crap along for the ride who get found out as soon as they're let go.

Plenty of candidates for the next one of them in our current squad too.

Colback will be in League 2 within a year if we ever get rid of him.

• 1 month later...

A 1ST PLAYD FOOTBALL WEN A WOZ 6. IT WOZ DED GUD. A MEMBER ME DA THROWIN THE BALL AT ME FACE N SAIN 'HEED THE BALL YA DAFT FUCKER'. A MUS A DUN SOMMIN RITE AS THE BALL BOUNCED OF ME HEED N A WOZ PLAYING FOR NEWCASTLE UNITED ME CHILDHOOD TEAM THA NEXT DAY.