Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest Brazilianbob

done for the first goal, not close enough and following the player too much.

I don't entirely blame him, watching the replay he was caught between 2 players as Scheiderlin ran into the box late on, personally I put half of the blame on midfield failing to pick up the runner.

Agreed.  It was Tiote who failed to stay with Scheiderlin when he ran into the box.

He's good enough, it's more about form and fitness. A few years ago Toure and Valencia looked strong physically. Muscular. Now both look a bit too top heavy.

Aye Taylor does look quite Top heavy himself, wonder if it restricts his agility somewhat

I don't think Taylor has added lean muscle deliberately though, he just looks overweight. He's a big bloke anyway, guess it's a challenge to get in the right shape for football.

I'm a similar height and build to him (square basically), and I've never reached the level of muscle that would restrict agility. Gym training just improves my football no end. I doubt excess strength training is his problem.

Taylor's a good defender, but simply a level below both Colo and Mbiwa. The latter is the best defender at the club IMO and will be regarded as one of the best, if not the best, central defender in the league by this time next year. Sensational footballer, it's unbelievable we got him and I believe he's our strongest signing of the window.

I don't think Taylor has added lean muscle deliberately though, he just looks overweight. He's a big bloke anyway, guess it's a challenge to get in the right shape for football.

I'm a similar height and build to him (square basically), and I've never reached the level of muscle that would restrict agility. Gym training just improves my football no end. I doubt excess strength training is his problem.

IMO once your chest gets to a certain size, you lose some range of movement. Same thing with lats on your back. Get in the way.

that was always the call with nolan aswell, till he was pictured with no top on and you couild see he wasn't. it was the way he carries himself that makes it look that way.

Guest expat in the pool

Mbiwa to Taylor ;

"You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself."

He's good enough, it's more about form and fitness. A few years ago Toure and Valencia looked strong physically. Muscular. Now both look a bit too top heavy.

Aye Taylor does look quite Top heavy himself, wonder if it restricts his agility somewhat

He's always struggled with agility and balance even when he was quite slender. My only issue with his weight is that it's leads to injuries.

Not seen him live for a while.  I forgot how well he attacks the ball in the air.  Won a lot against Lambert and really throws himself at set pieces in both boxes.

Bit slow to react on the first, but it was a runner from midfield and I don't really blame him for the second.  Just a quality ball after Tiote and Santon let Lallana waltz in down our left and a quality run and finish from Lambert.

Just want him to head a goal from a corner this season. Not much chance I know.

I'm actually fairly confident this is the only way we'll score from a corner. It will happen eventually and his celebration will be mental. Can't wait.

Really hope it's in the derby.

Just want him to head a goal from a corner this season. Not much chance I know.

I'm actually fairly confident this is the only way we'll score from a corner. It will happen eventually and his celebration will be mental. Can't wait.

Really hope it's in the derby.

Same, infinitely more confident of us scoring from corners with Taylor in there, he's probably only scored about 2 goals from corners in his whole career but I just feel he adds much more of a threat :lol:

I would prefer to see him doing more defending one on one against his direct opponent, rather than dropping back and trying to block shots in front of the keeper. It looks heroic, but I think forwards must love it.