Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If Taylor were to leave, his injury record would improve massively and he'll be fit as ever. You just know it :lol:

Seriously can't see him going to OM and living in France man.

Thick as s*** but still the best defender at the club if Colo leaves.

I hate to admit it but thought Williamson looked better when he came in for QPR game.

Guest neesy111

I hate to admit it but thought Williamson looked better when he came in for QPR game.

They are both similar tbh.

My concern would be the local players rule instead of Taylor's contribution on the pitch.  As a defender he can be easily replaced.  As a youth product he isn't.

Not this shit again, a lot of people were saying Williamson must start ahead of Taylor and they only realized how fucking dumb is that until he did. he's nowhere near as good.

I'd like to see an upgrade on Taylor. I was encouraged to hear Pardew talk about getting a 'dominating' centre back, because whatever his qualities, Taylor does not 'dominate'. He's very reactive.

I'd like to see an upgrade on Taylor. I was encouraged to hear Pardew talk about getting a 'dominating' centre back, because whatever his qualities, Taylor does not 'dominate'. He's very reactive.

That's why I posed the question about if Lescott became available would people be happy to see Taylor if that was meant to be the only way that we could afford it.

Not this s*** again, a lot of people were saying Williamson must start ahead of Taylor and they only realized how f***ing dumb is that until he did. he's nowhere near as good.

Well I wasn't one of them.  Williamson is championship level at best.  That said whilst I have always liked Taylor due to being a local lad I've never really rated him as a defender either.

I can't believe Taylor would actually go. Surely any manager worth his salt would call him into the office, show him that pic of him as a ballboy and ask him, really? and he'll stay

I might be wrong but he seemed to be on his way when he last signed a contract extension, I got the impression that unless the club met his demands he was fucking off, and in the end he probably got a bigger wage that he was worth. I can't say I put much stock in the local lad stuff, it seems those allegiances fade away when they sign a professional contract, Shola being the exception ofcourse.

:llorente?:

I can't believe Taylor would actually go. Surely any manager worth his salt would call him into the office, show him that pic of him as a ballboy and ask him, really? and he'll stay

I might be wrong but he seemed to be on his way when he last signed a contract extension, I got the impression that unless the club met his demands he was f***ing off, and in the end he probably got a bigger wage that he was worth. I can't say I put much stock in the local lad stuff, it seems those allegiances fade away when they sign a professional contract, Shola being the exception ofcourse.

:llorente?:

Probably true, depressing though.

Still no way he'll get a massive bid surely, so no reason imo the club can't force him to stay anyway. Not the type of player to not give his all anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

He's been linked to top clubs throughout his career...... with no materialisation, ever.

Nothing materializes because he's an overrated defender that gets leaped with praise from our fans because he plays with passion and pride. When in reality and your looking from the outside, he's a clown of a centre back who still makes rookie mistakes and will never be any better than the standard he's currently at, which is average at best. Neeee chance he's going anywhere bigger than us.

He's been linked to top clubs throughout his career...... with no materialisation, ever.

Nothing materializes because he's an overrated defender that gets leaped with praise from our fans because he plays with passion and pride. When in reality and your looking from the outside, he's a clown of a centre back who still makes rookie mistakes and will never be any better than the standard he's currently at, which is average at best. Neeee chance he's going anywhere bigger than us.

Have to agree with this

Have to agree with this

Have to say it's over the top. He's not brilliant but he's as good as many, many Premier League CBs.

He's 27 now and i don't see any huge improvement from when he was under 21 captain. I always rated Taylor ahead of Dawson but at least Dawson has went on and improved his game along with his fair share of injuries just like Taylor. Would take Dawson everytime now.

Aye some decent points there. Taylor aint a young player anymore but without Colo alongside him he still makes the same errors he made years ago. Its difficult to dislike him with his passion etc but he can be frustrating.