Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ian wants Yanga back in the side after what Sturridge did to him last time round.

You're confident Steven Taylor can handle Suarez and Sturridge?

I'm happy to admit I rate Mapou higher than Taylor and Williamson, not sure that should be such an issue.

I don't really fancy any of our four central defenders to do a good job against Suarez and Sturridge.

I think I'd go Colo and MYM regardless. Williamson is far too slow to play against them and Taylor will be rusty.

Sturridge and Suarez are all about movement, pace and ability on the ball.

Don't really want to see Taylor up against all that.

I would go with Mapou and Colo personally.

Aerial balls won't be as much of an issue against Liverpool.

Either way we will still receive a flogging so it really doesn't matter I suppose.

Ian wants Yanga back in the side after what Sturridge did to him last time round.

I'm happy to admit I rate Mapou higher than Taylor and Williamson, not sure that should be such an issue.

It's not. It's just Colo and Taylor are a proven decent partnership and MYM was absolutely raped by DS last time round.

Guest firetotheworks

I was at that match and I'm still convinced that MYM gave up after a bit and just hoped that they would miss the target. Everyone was pitiful, mind. I'd probably go with Taylor for the time being, despite thinking that he's generally crap and blames everyone else but himself. We just need that bit of cockiness back and something to rustle MYM's feathers a little bit. I can't see MYM not ending up the better defender in the end though.

It's not. It's just Colo and Taylor are a proven decent partnership and MYM was absolutely raped by DS last time round.

Colo was raped by Suarez last time he played them.  We should go Williamson & Taylor.

In fairness I wouldn't expect many if any centre back partnership at all to handle Sturridge and Suarez comfortably at the moment.

Exactly, none at all are capable basically. We will get mullered if the midfield don't provide excellent protection, probably even then.

Will be interesting to see what Pardew does, it probably won't affect the result either way. He might just decide to stick with Williamson and take the post-traumatic stress counselling bills on the chin.

Colo was raped by Suarez last time he played them.  We should go Williamson & Taylor.

Suarez will rape all of our CBs. That's the price you pay for spending less than a combined £8m on them in the last 5 years.

Suarez will rape all of our CBs. That's the price you pay for spending less than a combined £8m on them in the last 5 years.

The only way to really solve it is to buy Suarez tbh.

Besides the fact that MYMs physical attributes indicates that he is the best suited defender to partner Colo against Suarez and Sturridge, I really think he should get the opportunity to redeem himself after the last showing against them.

Sturridge raped Taylor just as hard tbh.

And Taylor's awful positioning didn't help matters either.

Although just like with Everton I blame the midfield more than I do the two cbs....

The gap between the midfield and the defense was the main culprit of that defeat

Guest Haris Vuckic
Although just like with Everton I blame the midfield more than I do the two cbs....

Each to their own but you could have put scarecrows in midfield it wouldn't have excused the Sunday league defending of the centre backs.

You'd think they had a bet on Everton the way they defended.

Each to their own but you could have put scarecrows in midfield it wouldn't have excused the Sunday league defending of the centre backs.

Never said they weren't at fault.

But the main problem in both games is that we didn't squeeze the midfield and instead sat back with gaping holes in between the midfield and the defence.

It was bad but they wasn't helped by their midfield at all and any set of defenders would have struggled in the same scenario.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Never said they weren't at fault.

But the main problem in both games is that we didn't squeeze the midfield and instead sat back with gaping holes in between the midfield and the defence.

It was bad but they wasn't helped by their midfield at all and any set of defenders would have struggled in the same scenario.

Hmm, I'm talking about the actual goals conceded - specifically - I think you may talking about the first half as a whole.

Yes I am but there's a reason for that..... while we were sitting back and not putting their players under pressure all the while having massive gaps in between our back 4 and midfield.

Everton were putting our back 4 under pressure and gaining momentum right from the kick off, the end result was always going to be defence looks like shit and lots of goals for them.

Taylor was part of the defensive horror show against liverpool last season so not keen on bringing him straight back in, plus it's doubtful he'll be match-fit.

Obviously he plays a lot better partnered with Colo of course, like all our other centre backs do.